Twenty: So...

I layed in my bed, staring at the ceiling, while thinking about the events of yesterday. Bella still hasn't come back from wherever she went and Dad is worried sick about her. Bella isn't the most important thing on my mind. She made her choice and broke Jake in the process, I couldn't help but feel bad for him, even if he is mad at me for some reason. He's got a lot on his mind too. I look to my night stand at my alarm clock that reads 6:30 am. There's no point in getting up and dressed just yet, I'll just slip in a pair of sweats and a t shirt anyways. It's not like I get dressed all fancy for school, then again it is my first day. Even though I know a lot of people from La Push, the pack doesn't go to school that often. I'm really tempted to go and smoke the rest of the joint that's in ig car but I talk myself out of it, I'm just going to want to keep smoking if I don't stop now. Dad says he's going to drive me to school since my car is in the shop. He called a tow truck for me after the funeral. I wanted Jake to work on it, but he's busy with pack stuff anyways and he's still acting stink so I didn't ask him. Dad's been worried about Bella, as he should be. She didn't give me a bit of information to tell him about where she was going or when she would be back and she still doesn't have a phone. Even though Jake is avoiding me right now, I still feel bad for him. Bella dropped everything to go rescue her leech. I tend to just leave people alone and let them sort their feelings out themselves because I don't like, nor am I good at, being compassionate. Jake will figure things out without my help, I'm not too worried about him. I've never felt nervous about attending a new school like I am right now. My grades last year were okay, but this year I have to try harder. I'm actually pretty smart when I want to be, if I'm not entirely focused on basketball. I tried to take a break from it when my grades where failing because I didn't show up to school, but then that just made me want to work out and run more. It's like my life support, like I can't live without it. My alarm goes off, interrupting me from my thoughts.

I hopped up and threw on a pair of jeans and a hoodie, with my gym bag. I can never understand why it takes girls so long to get ready for school. All I have to do is grab a shirt and pants and throw them on, what is the deal? It's not like I'll be meeting my true love at school or seeing a bunch of cute guys because I've seen them around here and they are not that good, especially in Forks. La Push has hotter guys than Forks, but I'm not looking for a relationship. I haven't for a while now. I head downstairs with my gym back and start Dad a pot of coffee. I hear him getting up and make myself a single egg sandwich, about the only thing I know how to make. I sit there and eat while I watch the morning news before Dad finally comes down the stairs in his uniform. I point to the coffee pot and he nods before heading over to the counter and pouring himself a cup. He's never himself before he has coffee. I remember this one night when the power was out across town and he was grouchy the whole day since he couldn't get a warm cup.

"You ready?" He asks and I nod my head before standing up and putting my plate in the sink and walking out the door. The weather is finally starting to warm up I get into the passenger side of the cruiser and he climbs in after me. I would usually fall asleep in the car if I wasn't driving but today was different. My head is swarming with thoughts about Sue, and La Push, and Bella. I would never say this out loud but I'm worried about her. There's so much we don't know about where she is or what she's doing or when she's coming back. She could be halfway across the country swarmed with vampires for all we know. She could be dead, or worse... one of them. Dad just got her back, it would break him if something happened to her and she seems oblivious to it. She's completely irresponsible, but Dad seems to trust her. He doesn't know her as much as he thinks he does. She convinced a sixteen year old, that she knows has a crush on her, to build two motorcycles for her, she's jumped off a cliff without giving a second thought and she invited a bloodsucker into his house, probably not the first time either. You're never guaranteed safety with them around. And now she's running after the guy who completely broke her, not even looking back at Jake. My heart aches for him. Maybe she is just that dumb. If she comes back with her leech, things won't end well.