Six: Rez Ball

I wake up to screaming coming from Bella's room once again. The screaming has been going on for about a month. It's been a month and a half since Edward left her and she hasn't gotten any better. Charlie has been getting more and more worried about her.

I throw my blankets off of my body and head to Bella's room. While I'm at her doorway I see Charlie coming out of his room.

"I got it." I say and wave him back to bed. He nods his head and heads back to his room. I open the door and Bella's shrieks are even louder. I close the door and stand by her bed. I place my knee on her bed and half stand over her.

"Bella." I say as I shake her. "Bella!" I shake her even harder and she flinches awake. "It's not real Bella." I say. Her eyes are tear stained and she wipes her face and nods her head.

"I'm sorry." She mumbles.

"It's okay." I say and start walk out of her bedroom. She stops me as I'm right beside her doorway.

"Wait." She says. I turn around with a puzzled look. "Will you stay with me?" I nod my head and walk towards her bed. She scoots over and I climb into the covers.

I wake up and Bella already gone. She has a job at a sports store. It's Saturday morning so I go to get changed into some sweats and a t shirt. I walk into the living room and Charlie has food out on the coffee table.

"Billy and Jake should be here any second to watch the game." He says. They usually one every Saturday to watch football with us. I'm growing closer to Jake as a friend. He's actually really funny and chill.

I love watching the games with Charlie. He likes it too. A daughter to watch sports with, he doesn't have that with Bella. She's more of a zombie lately. I hear a knock on the door. I rush to the door and open it to see Jake and Billy.

"Hey guys, the games just about to start." I say. Jake wheels Billy in and gives me a side hug and we go to sit on the couch.

"So how's softball going?" Billy asks as we wait for the game to start.

"We got beat out in the last round of Area." I say.

"Well that's too bad." He says.

"Eh." I say. "I'm just ready for basketball season."

"Cailyn here is a damn good player." Charlie brags.

"Not good enough to beat me." Jacob challenges.

"Jacob I could beat you with one hand tied behind my back." I say. Billy and Charlie laugh but I'm dead serious.

"Alright when?" He replies.

"How bout tomorrow?" I say.

"I'll bet you ten bucks." He says.

"I'll bet you twenty." I say and we shake hands. I get up to go get plates. We all ate as we watched the game. Washington was winning against Oregon State by 7 points. Jake and I were getting I tot he game so much we jumped off the couch when the final point was scored.

At the end of the game I hugged Jake and Billy goodbye and headed upstairs to bed after telling Charlie goodnight.