41. Don't you dare!

Adiba's POV,

Inaaya stared at me. I smile at her but she frowns in return and again looks away.

"So you do everything your daddy says? You are not allowed to take a step without your daddy's permission?" She gave me her hard look but I continue. "Your daddy must be someone who likes to prison his daughter. I feel pity for you, you can't take a step without your daddy's permission. You are not allowed to make friends without his permission. You are afraid of him" I said last part looking away from her.

"No! My daddy never stops me from doing anything. I'm not afraid of him. I love him and he loves me too" Inaaya denied.

"You are not afraid of your daddy? And you can do whatever you want, your daddy won't stop you?" She shook her head vigorously still glaring at me. "Then prove it. Make me your friend and Promise me that you won't tell your daddy you met me and I'm the new headteacher in your school" I said holding my breath.

"Okay, I won't tell him. I will show you that daddy never stops me doing anything. I can do whatever I want" she agreed. A breath of relief escaped. I smile and open my purse.

"Here take it" I held chocolate in front of her.

"I don't want" she again turns her head and continued eating. I sat beside her didn't want to leave her alone. I stared at my daughter staring at her without blinking.

After sometime lunch break ended and children coming back to classes. I stood up and look down at inaaya who put her lunch box inside her bag.

"Remember that you can't tell your daddy about me. Or else you will lose. And prove me right" with that last glace of her I walk out of the room.

************

Sameer's POV,

"How was your day?" I asked feeding inaaya her dinner.

"Boring"

"Why?" I frown. She looks at me.

"Just....nothing" inaaya shrugged.

"Inu, baby you are not hiding something from me, are you?" I asked. She shook her head.

"No daddy. I..."

"Sameer let the girl eat her dinner first," mom said.

"No aunty he can't stop the investigation. Not Even his daughter" Amsha said. Eating her dinner.

Today mom dad invited us to dinner. They invited Amsha as well. I know why they did but I chose to ignore this again.

After dinner inaaya went with dad as he wanted to play with her. I, Amsha, and mom were sitting in the living room, and as I expected mom started.

"Sameer, beta you can't live like this. You need to move on" mom said.

"I already moved on mom, with my daughter." I sigh.

"Life can't be spent like this. We all need someone beside us. We need a life partner to survive this life"

"My daughter is beside me. My daughter is my partner. I don't need anyone mom" I said as usual clearly.

"Ya Allah! What will happen to you, Sameer! Why are you so stubborn?" mom yelled in frustration. Taking a deep breath she walks toward me and cupped my face.

"Sameer, baby, please understand. I can't see you like this. It pains me meri jaan. A mother could never see their child suffering. You need a life partner sameer. Please just for your mom think about it" she pleaded. I felt uneasy seeing my mother like this.