53. His peace is his Adi.

Assalamualaikum

First of all, I am sorry for not being able to update frequently. I'm busy in something but I will update as I will get time.

*************

Author's POV

They came back home at night. Adiba was tired so was Sameer but inaaya was in her thoughts.

She even creates the impression that Adiba was not her mother cause her parents didn't share the same room as Zakir's parents shared. She never saw pictures of her parents as she saw in Zakir's parents' room. She never saw her father kissing her mother's cheeks as Zakir's father did. She never saw her parents holding hands and laughing together like Zakir's and many children's parents were doing at that party. She could feel her parents were different, but why? Her innocent mind again occupied with so many questions.

Sameer was walking toward the stairs when inaaya's sudden voice stopped him.

"Daddy" Sameer look back at her and saw her standing with a troubled face.

"Hmm," sameer asked standing in front of her. Adiba also looks at them.

"Is she my real mama?" Inaaya asked pointing toward Adiba. Sameer and Adiba both were taken aback by her sudden question.

"Inu, baby..."

"I'm not talking to you. I'm talking my daddy" she rudely cut Adiba off as she was trying to say something. Adiba's heart sank. A dreadful feeling rise in the pit of her stomach. Inaaya wasn't even looking at her which make her apprehensive.

Sameer looks at Adiba and found her gazing at Inaaya with fear in her eyes before looking at inaaya.

"Yes baby, she is your mama. Your real mama." He replied to her question. She looks at Adiba and then at sameer. They could see something bothering her. "What happened Inaaya? what is there bothering you? Tell me." Sameer asked softly.

"If she is my mama then why won't she sleep in your room like Zakir's mama sleep in the same room as his daddy? Why there is no photo frame in your room, like Zakir's parents, has? Why you don't hold her hand, Why you don't kiss her as Zakir daddy did with his mama? Why don't you both laugh with each other like every child's parents were doing at that party?!" She bomber them with her questions. They never thought she will notice these differences between every child's parents and hers. Inaaya was always too smart for her age and she proves it again.

They both look at each other dread-filled in their eyes. They didn't want inaaya to know about their differences cause she had already gone through so much and now knowing that her parents were not like other parents will make her depressed.

"Inaaya..." Sameer began but she cut him off.

"Daddy you don't like her. You never said I love you to her. You never smile looking at her. Daddy you lied to me that she is my mother, didn't you?" She asked as her eyes filled up and lips began trembling. 

Sameer shook his head vigorously seeing his daughter's tears.

"No baby, she is your mama. Trust me" he said in pleading tone. He didn't want his daughter to think him a liar when he didn't even lie. Adiba stood there silently as she knew if she interferes then Inaaya will be angry. She wanted an answer from her daddy and only her daddy.

"Then prove it" Inaaya demanded.

"How?" Sameer asked looking at Adiba.

"Show me your wedding pictures" she commanded. She wanted to see their wedding pictures as she saw Zakir's parents. Sameer straighten. Adiba tensed. They don't have their wedding pictures. She looks at sameer but he looks calm. Adiba frown.