48. Their broken doll

Adiba's POV,

We both were in each other's arms when we saw the doctor coming out of the room.

"Are you inaaya's parents?" The doctor asked.

"Yes," we both answer going in front of him.

"How is my daughter?" Sameer asked impatiently

"Uh...she is out of danger now. Can you both come with me I need to talk to you"

"I want to see my daughter?" Sameer said.

"You can when we shift her in a private room after sometime but now come with me" he walk away and we followed him. Upon entering his room we took a seats in front of him. He sighed looking at the file which I assume was inaaya's.

Doctor t turns to me before saying "You did a great job by spilling water on her head on time which reduced her temperature to some point" he looks at both of us before continuing. "Her temperature was too high and in that condition, she had a panic attack. You know, cases like this come only of those kids who went through abuse or didn't have parents but she has both of you then why she was in depression? Do you know what was bothering her?" He asked and sameer shook his head.

"I don't know, she was behaving weird for a few days but I thought she was missing her that's why..." Sameer trailer off looking at me.

"You both don't live with each other?" He asked we look at each other before shaking our head.

"Now I understand" he mumbled.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"She is a small kid. She needs her both parents but nowadays children have to suffer because of their parents' indifference. Why can't you guys think about the little child before taking any decision? At those ages, they can't handle stress or depression. Their brain and heart are too weak to endure any trauma. Seeing her condition we could clearly say that she was going through some depression. You're her parents you should've known about her and should've talked to her about her problems. If she can't let go of her depression then next time anything could happen" the doctor said with disappointment in his voice. I look down in shame as tears began rolling out of my eyes.

"Some parents only think about themselves. And ask separation because of their selfish reason without thinking about the small child they have" Sameer mumbled in pain voice. Increasing my agony. I glance at him and found him staring at space looking in some trance. A tear escapes his eyes which he wipes it.

"I don't know what you are going through but seeing you I can tell you guys love your daughter. So, for your daughter try to sort out your problems and make sure to keep her happy" he advised. Sameer got up and shook his hands with him thanking him before walking out. I sighed and followed him.

"Sameer...."

"Thank you... Thank you for being there for her when she needed you. For the first time, you were there for her when she needed you. So, thank you so much for helping my daughter Adiba" he said with hatred in his eyes. It felt like his hate toward me increase tenfold with the circumstance.

He entered inside the room which the doctor said was inaaya's. I entered after him.

I felt air sucks out of me as my eyes landed on my daughter. My heart clenched painfully.

Inaaya was laying on the bed with wire attached to her small hands. Her face lost all the colors. Making her look vulnerable. My strong confident daughter lost all her strength.

"Inu" I heard Sameer's voice who sat down on the tool beside the bed. "Baby, my love open your eyes. Look daddy is here. Sorry for leaving you beta. I. I..i promise I won't do that again" he mumbled holding her small freehand "Please wake up baby, please wake up and show me your anger. You can even punish daddy, I will tolerate anything but not this punishment baby, this side of yours is killing me. You're my everything, you know, you are my world. Then why are you not talking to me? please don't do this with your daddy. He will die. Please wake up my love" sameer weep holding inaaya's hand. I press my hand on my mouth trying to hold back my sob.