Family is everything

Sorry I haven't updated in a while last week I was really busy with homework and stuff, so apologies for that but here's the next chapter! Oh and thank you guys for 1.16k reads on my first chapter 😁♥️

Julie's band is playing at the school tonight. Flynn asked me to come to their practice but I just didn't want to see anyone now. Reggie probably wants to know all about Charlotte and I just don't want to be the one explaining her to him. And at times like these I always have something to write about.

"Y/n shopping?" Freya noted, walking into my room to open the curtains blinding me in the process, "Just because it's a weekend doesn't mean you get to sleep till dawn" she always exaggerates things.

"Five more minutes..." I moan covering my face with a pillow to block the light. But then a sudden chill woke me so I couldn't go back to sleep.

"Up. Now" my sister insisted, after pulling my covers off of me "plus you've got that school dance thing tonight" I flinch at the thought, Charlotte will be there. And so will Reggie.

"I don't want to go" I admit pulling myself up and out of bed, starting to walk towards my bathroom. "Besides I'd much rather stay home and sleep"

Freya looked at me as if I had gone mad. "Your going to that dance to support Julie's band and Flynn is your friend! So get in that shower and let's go shopping!" She yelled walking out into the hallway.

I got into the shower letting the water hit my skin waking me up even more,

I finished up in the shower and got changed, Freya obviously wants to buy me clothes for tonight. I walked down the stairs only to be greeted by my mum. She almost never comes out of her office.

"Morning mum" I say enthusiastically noting that she looked happier than usual.

"Good morning my baby" she replied kissing my forehead. This was new. "I heard you and your sister are going shopping... Can your dad and I come too?" I was so shocked I didn't know how to respond.

"S-sure" I yelled, we haven't gone shopping with the family since forever.

~~~Time Skip~~~

We finally got out the car and started heading towards the entrance of the shopping centre, during the car ride we'd talked about almost everything, school, friends, etc. Mum said that her and dad have been let off work for 4 weeks due to their non stop hard work. Which means more time with the family.

"Ohh Y/a this will look great on you" mum suggested holding up a casual looking blue dress. It looked nice but it wasn't really me, however my mum still took it with her for me to try on.

After about 1 hour of shopping later, mum had bundles of clothes for me and Freya to try on. Some I liked some I didn't. Dad treated us to some drinks at a nearby café, we were a family again.

Finally we got to the dressing rooms and I started to try on my clothes. "Ohh I like this one" I smiled, wearing a white feathered skirt with a purple patterned top, blue denim jacket and cream coloured heels: