The Imagination is Cruel but True

(don't worry about the time difference here)

After a few days of practicing it was time for the final dance. Ty had been a big help to me, helping with the steps and the rhythm even though I'm the one in dance class.

"You ready?" He asked when the lacrosse team coach was giving a small little speech.

"Yeah" I replied. He'd helped me so much with our extra solo part we had to learn, that it was perfected.

"Let's do this" he whispered into my ear, sending all my nerves away as the music started.

We started, facing each other, hand in hand. Letting go of one hand I reached my other to the side before coming back spinning in on myself until I was Infront of him, with my back to his chest. I lifted my arms up as he followed the movement, reaching to my hands they intertwined and pulled down to the side untill letting me go to the side to pirouette.

After pirouetting I turned around, but I saw no one, I turned around until I saw Reggie, sitting on the benches, with a guitar...

(During the song)

I looked around seeing no one but Reggie, my heart hitched a beat as I felt myself walking closer towards him.

"🎶Oh, there she goes again, every morning it's the same
You walk on by my house, I wanna call out your name
I wanna tell you how beautiful you are from where I'm standin'🎶"

Those words made me smile. Reggie was so sweet and always picked up on every little detail. I forgot I was imagining this, but I still could feel the heat rise to my cheeks as he said those words.

"🎶You got me thinkin' what we could because I keep craving, craving, you don't know it but it's true
Can't get my mouth to say the words they wanna say to you
This is typical of love, I can't wait anymore, won't wait
I need to tell you how I feel when I see us together forever

In my dreams you're with me, we'll be everything I want us to be
And from there, who knows?
Maybe this will be the night that we kiss for the first time
Or is that just me and my imagination?🎶"

Was this all really in my imagination? Or did Reggie feel the same?

"🎶We walk, we laugh, we spend our time walking by the ocean side
Our hands are gently intertwined, a feeling I just can't describe
And all this time we spent alone thinkin' we cannot belong
To something so damn beautiful, so damn beautiful🎶"

He got up placing the guitar down yet the music continued to play wanting us to dance..

"🎶I keep craving, craving, you don't know it but it's true
Can't get my mouth to say the words they wanna say to you
This is typical of love, I can't wait anymore, won't wait
I need to tell you how I feel when I see us together forever🎶"

I want to be with you. If I could. We started dancing, somehow we were now up in the sky dancing with the clouds. He lifted me as I spread my arms. This felt like a dream. It felt like reality. My mind was racing unable to focus on anything other than Reggie in front of me.