[ Martin Septim x Reader ]

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ Old Friend ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

"Let..." you wiped off the sweat off your forehead, getting your weapon out of the deceased body of a timber wolf, "Let us continue to Weynon Priory"

He nodded and continued by your side, his eyes following your form silently, sneakily, thinking that you didn't notice his small glances.

It had been a short time since you were freed from your cell at the Imperial Prison, thrown into this conundrum of chaos and bloodshed. You really never thought you'd become a hero, but maybe this was another trial to test you, so you could make amends with your past crimes. The sun slowly set behind the far horizon, it was time to set camp.

"Say, Brother Martin", you called for his attention, poking the campfire coals with a stick "You've been staring at me since we got out of Kvatch, what's the deal with you?"

He didn't answer and instead drove his solemn gaze to the moon, smiling a little bit.

"I was sweet on someone while growing up in Kvatch, you know? The florist's child" you raised an eyebrow, "Every Fredas, early in the morning they crossed the city gates and returned at sunset, with a basket of flowers. I watched them walk across my home and disappear behind the Chapel's walls. We both.... Fell on darker paths and I never saw them again"

You frowned and looked at him like he was crazy. What in Oblivion, bitch?, You thought. He laughed softly at your expression, continuing.

"I'm telling you this because you remind me of them... I don't know. Your eyes are the same"

"Quite the stalker, aren't you?" you laughed, poking the coals harder. His eyes fell on the floor, a tad bit guilty. "It would've been easier for you to just talk to me, you know? I never saw you. Maybe we could've been friends or something"

He looked at you once again, his eyes lit up with happiness, although his expression was calm, kind as ever.

"So it is you".

You nodded, looking at the sky above.

"Yeah... you should've approached me. Maybe things would've been a bit different"

The priest of Akatosh took your hand on his, laughing a bit.

"But we are here now, right? Maybe we were destined to meet right here"

You elbowed him softly, getting up and walking to your tent.

"Bah. What I am destined to is to go to sleep. I'm cold and tired, goodnight"

"Can we share a tent?"

...

"Yes."