[ Pelinal Whitestrake x Reader ]

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ Eyes of the Past ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

You couldn't tell if it had been months, or years. One day you've been a free man, running and laughing with your family in your settlement and the next you were under the Ayleid's ruthless hands. You worked tirelessly, receiving endless tortures if you dared to act back. Your family had been killed in the first siege, the smell of their burning corpses still alive on your nose, your back was now full of slashes and burns, some fresher than others, made by the mer who had enslaved you, who took away everything that was yours.

One day they've deemed you useless, threw you into a cell to leave you to rot. And you had already accepted the fact that you were going to die here, without feeling an ounce of happiness ever again.

You peeled your head from the wall, the grime in your skin stinging and hurting you further. Your body itched but you couldn't do anything about it, the cell was disgusting yet you didn't puke, because you were too. One shell of the man you once were, thin and feeble, weak, crumbling like paper when set near the flame.

The steps of the mer bounced in the stone walls, they walked the halls above, untouchable, uncaring for the dying men and women beneath their feet. It was silence, maddening silence, so maddening that you began hearing their screams of pain, the sounds of battle. Maybe this was your mind's way if coping with the hell you've been going through for the past months.

The door to the underground prison broke and you saw a haze of white light, blinding, unrelenting, striking. Strong, armored footsteps came down, slowly, as the metallic smell of blood stung your senses.

Countless times you've prayed to the Divines for the kiss of death. Was this it?.

A man came into sight. Tall and strong, shrouded in shining armor which was covered in blood. There was a red diamond in his chest and it rumbled with power, almost giving out a glow. His red eyes met yours, you felt his gaze softening.

“Huna?”

You couldn't talk, you just looked at him, his deep yet soft voice soothed you as he opened the cell door. You didn't know how it happened, but you passed out in his strong arms.

The moment he gazed at you he felt his heart break once again. The way you stared at him was so alike his long dead lover, he missed him so, he killed in his memory, in his name. He took you to his army's camp. Survivor.

You woke up inside a tent, accompanied by a healer, who was tending to your wounds. You felt clean, you were still weak but at least you had the strength to move.

Hell was over.

You spent several weeks being healed in the encampment, and each Morndas you found a group of flowers next to your bedroll.

“Heal well, -Pelinal”

His handwriting was angular yet elegant, the paper was always broken at the places it was written in. You kept and cherished them all.

Once you were ready, you stepped out of the tent. It was a small encampment for the Alessian Empire, you saw soldiers marching in and out, wounded people, generals commanding. You walked around, and saw him, finally.

Donning his armor, now clean and white, he  walked inside a bigger, empty tent, closing it behind him. You followed him, and stepped inside carefully.

“Hello?” You stood shyly at the edge of the tent, smiling softly “I don't want to bother you, I just wanted to thank you for... Saving me”

He turned around, gazing at you like the first time, and he carefully removed his helm and you saw his olive skin, his long flowing white hair. His kind eyes gazed at you with an edge. For a moment you thought he was otherworldly, you didn't understand who you were gazing at. He stepped towards you, the rumble from the diamond in his chest stronger.

He gave you a small smile and took your hand.

“It's nothing. Welcome”

-----

Short little (gay) story in which Peli finds your eyes similar to those of Huna, saves you from the Ayleids and becomes your scary genocidal time-travelling robohusband.