[ Ondolemar x Reader ]

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ Stargazing ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

You watched the sun set behind the outline of the city of Markarth. Time drew close, the hour was almost here, you just had to wait a little longer.

You sat, perched up on one of the big rocks near Understone Keep with a sweetroll in your hand. It was your first time in Markarth in a few weeks, and you had invited someone to spend the evening with you. You heard proud but light steps coming close, and you were certain it was him even before he appeared around the corner.

“Punctual. For once” He snarked, his face showing a small, fond but cocky, grin.

Ondolemar, your... Friend? You'd been rather fond of each other ever since you helped him sorting out some business with a local Talos worshipper, giving you smiles and kind words. But you know he didn't expect you to ignore the playful touches, and the way he looked at you.

“Do you need help getting up here?” You asked.

He scoffed, “I can do it myself, thank youhe answered while hiking up the stone with ease.

The bastard.

You stifled some laughter and made space for him, offering him some of your food and enjoying his company,as much as you hated to admit it.

“Oh, look” you pointed at a constellation, somewhere in the sky “We're under the sign of the Atronach right now. Look, that's the head, the little arms... Do you remember which sign you were born under?”

He gave you an extremely quizzed look “What do you mean with 'Do you remember'?”

Well,” you shrugged, “You're a High Elf, aren't you like three thousand years old? Do you still remember your birthdays after all that time?”

“I am not three thousand years old, idiot. However, I assure you I'm older than most people in this city.” He looked at you,and you noticed he was trying his hardest not to smile. “And yes, we do remember. I was born under the sign of The Lady.”

“Ooo. That's why you're a charmer, eh?”

You both laughed.

With a sigh, you continued, your tone much somber than before.

“I have to tell you something.” you turned to see him, the serious look in your eyes alarming him. “A week from now I'm... Going on a mission. A very dangerous one. I came here to tell you and spend this time with you” you avoided his gaze, your eyes finding the ornaments of his robes particularly interesting.

His eyes were filled with shock. They can do it, right? He thought, they've defeated countless dangers before, what made this so different?.

“Will you be safe?” His voice came softer than usual, unreadable yet almost... Kind.

“Awh, you're worried about me?”

He crossed his arms over his chest, scoffing to the side. “Pff. Just come back in one piece”

You smiled, genuinely smiled. Your hand lowered his hood and placed itself on his nape, rubbing half moon shapes on his skin, his short hair tickling your fingertips. He looked at you with half lidded eyes.

“Thank you, I will” you whispered, looking at him fondly, sentiments you denied to even have flourishing. You blamed the night.

A sudden movement, a tender touch, and you felt his lips on yours, moving with a passion you didn't dare assume he had for you. Upon parting, his long hands cupped your face, and he smiled, looking into your eyes.

“Don't tell Elenwen, she's not fond of you after you snuck into the Embassy”

The bastard.

“Pff. Go die. Don't worry, I won't”