11/13/17

There he was. Standing in the dark like a maniac.

He did not look happy.

You'd trade love-dunk or quiet captor for whatever this was any time any where. He sulked into the room and didn't even bother shutting the door completely behind him.

It was as if he was beyond whatever this room was, and that he wasn't being held in it; rather that he was filling it to the brim. Damn was it cold and unforgiving.

" Last book of the series.. It isn't.. Right? "

" Oh, hello Michael. "

" And.. Jin. "

" Yeah. Sadly it is the last book. Jin is one of the casualties. "

He was talking about Clover. Anyone would've thought that he'd be much more interested in the best-seller, but no: Its ugly step-cousin that the author and editor mentally couldn't afford to continue. But the ending was lovely, wasn't it? What was he even angry about?

" But in your notes. You state that she'd get a proper ending. Where is it? " He was speaking through gritted teeth over a mary-sue-y fictional character that wasn't even a fan favorite. Unhinged.

" Well, its hard to explain- "

" I have time. "

" ...You see, Jin is a euphemism for renaissance. ...Sssomething had to die for the birth of a new era. Like how... Uhh..."

He met eyes with you slowly speaking was suddenly a very uncomfortable task.

" Ahem... Like how J-Jin's family.... How Jin felt as if they were forced into being on a pedestal, and thus, does alot of ill mannered things. She helped cope with this by being productive socially, bettering herself, having kids..

But she died during child-birth. So, her negative influence dissipates short-term but her legacy lives... on... "

He glared like you just cussed him out.

" ..You doing alright, Michael? "

" I know what you're doing. " He said, talking very slow-like and keeping his hands hidden.

" I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE FUCKING DOING! " He lurched out and stopped himself right over your face. It was seldom you ever understood the metaphor, 'red-eyed', but he had cleared it all up for you - His eyes were cranked open so wide, that the red was visible. My hands reached up in defense, but that was all that was muster-able for you. If only you could run away.

He stood straight and revealed what he was keeping behind his back.

" I'm never made to yell at you, my precious love.. But what you've done is insanity.

You're smarter than this, aren't you? We both know. "

The hammer was no longer resting in his hands, so heavy it swung. It was raised in the air so suddenly, it glimmered in the light for a second.

You shrieked, for you fully expected the burst of pain that'd accompany the hammer meeting the amalgamation that was your legs. But instead, nothing came. The constant dull ache of broken limbs was there but nothing new became of it. You opened both eyes to see him frozen. His mouth was unmoving and plastered in a thin line but he radiated the energy of a smirking devil. The hammer was only inches from you - Flinching, however, was painful as fuck. You were whimpering in pain, pathetic and almost wet to tears.

" You've been so bad to me.

I think I need to leave you for a while. " His neutral expression momentarily twitched into a small frown, wild eyes scanning what might've been your body before darting back to your face.