Chapter Twenty Nine: Girl Meets Our First Fight.

Maya's POV:

"I think you've had enough Huckleberry." I grab the cup from his hand and place it beside me.

Lucas looks at me with a pout on his lips and I just roll my eyes at him.

"Maya let the boy live. He barely ever drinks." Drew would obviously be the one to defend Lucas and his drinking ways.

In response all he does is send me a sly smirk before reaching over me to grab his cup.

Even though he didn't stop drinking, I made sure Lucas was eating and drinking water to help soak up the alcohol he's been consuming.   Sooner rather than later, it began to catch up with him.

"Is that really how you guys first met?" Nick asks us in between his fit of laughter.

I don't know how the conversation came to this, but we are all telling the stories of how we met each other. Now it just so happens to my turn.

"Yes, looking back now I don't know how I was so brave." I say and honestly I can't believe I went up to Lucas the way I did in the subway.

I would never be caught dead doing that now.

"It was cool though. That's what makes you Maya Hart." Lucas slurs and much to my dismay, he casually throws his arm around my shoulder.

Nick and Drew share glances clearly taken back, and I know for a fact my cheeks are bright red in embarrassment.

There's no way he just did that in front of the twins.

"I think it's time to head to bed now Huckleberry." Thought my tone is light, I send Lucas a stern look to know I'm being completely serious.

Lucas is getting careless now, he isn't able to catch his actions.

He lets out a sigh before giving in.

"Fine baby let's go." Lucas moves to stand up but I'm completely frozen in place.

Did he really just say that?

My eyes go to the twins instantly and their expression is mirroring mine.

Complete and utter shock.

"He's always so flirty when he's drunk..." I say to break the more than awkward silence.

I excuse myself shortly after and go after Lucas.

I swear this boy will be the death of me.

When I walk in the guest room, Lucas has already made himself at home. He's laid out on the bed shirtless and with a pair of basketball shorts on.

"I left you my shirt to wear to bed." I don't bother answering him. Instead I grab his shirt and walk out the room and go to the bathroom to change.

I don't know how upset I am with Lucas. Lately we've been progressing really well, our communication is on point and I've noticed Lucas is better at maintaining his anger. I wouldn't mind discussing what we are and if we want to take the next step but I want to be apart of the decision and not have Lucas making it for me.

When I get back into the room, Lucas is sitting up with a pout on his bottom lip. It takes everything in me to fight the urge to smile at him.

"Are you mad at me?" Lucas asks me.

I don't answer him just yet. I place my clothes down and I hop into bed next to him. Lucas watches my every move.

"I wouldn't say I'm mad..." Lucas has a small smile on his face from my words.

He moves in closer to me, he places his head on my stomach and wraps his arms around my waist.

"I think I'm a bit drunk." His words are slowed and the innocence in his tone causes me to let out a small chuckle.