...or so I thought

I got to school just in time for the first class. I sat next to Yamaguchi as I always do and I gave him a quick, but loving hug and a kiss on the forehead. He hugged me back lightly and smiled. But his smile wasn't as bright as it used to be. It worried me a lot but whatever he was going through, I had to be there for him. The whole class greeted the teacher as he walked into our classroom and we all started studying. 

,,Today is really peaceful..." I told Yamaguchi. ,,Yeah I guess" he replied, not really interested. I don't know what's going on but it's definitely serious. I have to figure it out soon. I thought to myself as I was looking at Yamaguchi. ,,Hey, wanna eat lunch on the rooftop with me?" I asked him and smiled at him. ,,Uh, yeah, sure, whatever" he mumbled. I took his hand and  squeezed it gently as we started walking up the stairs. 

We sat down on the floor and started eating our food peacefully but something felt wrong. ,,Yams..?" I looked at him. No answer. ,,Hey, Yamaguchi!" I said a little louder. ,,Huh, what?" he looked back at me, confused. ,,Are you okay? You've been acting weird lately, is something troubling you?" I asked with a concerned look on my face. ,,Y-yeah no, I'm fine..." he stuttered and looked down.  Ugh, why is he lying? I can tell he's not fine! I'm not that dumb!  I screamed internally. No, I have to stay calm. He'll tell me eventually I guess...

,,So I've been thinking" I started and he looked at me again. ,,I want to take you out on a date. I heard about this new café that serves the best strawberry shortcake." I said, excited. He just kept looking at me without showing any emotions. I could see a hint of sadness but that was all. ,,I know something's troubling you and you don't have to tell me if you don't want to but you're my boyfriend and I don't enjoy seeing you like this. I want to make you happy." I took his hand and gave him a reassuring smile. ,,So? What do you think? Wanna go on a date with me?" 

,,I...I can't..." he mumbled. ,,Huh? Why?" I asked. Tears started running down his cheeks. I quickly stood up and walked to him. ,,No... I... I can't keep this from you any longer... It's not fair..." he cried. I tried to hug him but he pushed me away. I could feel my eyes tear up. He never did this before. ,,DON'T!" he screamed. ,,I can't do this anymore! I'm sorry but... I... I don't love you anymore..." he started crying even more. I was confused and on the verge of crying. ,,What do you..." I couldn't bring myself to finish the sentence. I didn't want to know. ,,It just feels wrong... I always admired you and everything and these feelings were so strong... I thought that it was love but... I think I was wrong... Or maybe not, I don't know. I just... Fell in love with someone else. Someone who's not as cold as you..." 

I just stood there, tears falling down. ,,I.. I don't understand? You... You know I-I love you.. And I really mean it... I-I never wanted to be cold towards you, that's just who I am, I can't help it." I mumbled somehow. I was in so much pain, I didn't know what was happening, why would he say those things? Does he really not love me anymore? Did he even love me in the first place? 

,,I fell in love with this one girl from our class. I didn't know when or how it happened but it did. And I'm so sorry... Sorry, Tsukishima. We can't be together anymore..." he finished talking. Then everything went silent. T-Tsukishima? He NEVER calls me that... And a girl? He... Fell in love with a girl? Please... This is all just a dream, right? I couldn't stop these thoughts. 

Yamaguchi's POV: 

I stood there, still crying. I didn't want it to end like this. But I can't just keep lying to him, he doesn't deserve that. Tsukki was my first love. Or maybe I was just confused and lonely. I enjoyed all the time we spent together, but I think I just didn't want to be alone. I don't know. I might be making the biggest mistake of my life... But I need to end this. I love her. From the very first time I met her, my feelings towards Tsukki just grew smaller and smaller. Now he's just a friend to me. I waited patiently for his response. 

,,Don't... Please, don't do this... You know how insecure I am! You know how much I love you! I know that I'm rude sometimes but I'll try to be a better person, I promise! Just don't leave me! I can't live without you, Tadashi!" he screamed while kneeling. His face was all red and tears were running down his cheeks like waterfalls. He looked so hurt... ,,Please! Don't leave, I'm begging you on my knees! Please!" he cried even more. ,,I hate myself for doing this but I have to. I don't want to lie to you anymore, Tsukishima. You don't deserve that. You'll get through this, I promise." I hugged him for the last time and left. I couldn't take it anymore.