Chapter 1

Third person pov

Sheriff Forbes is at the hospital desk. Damon walks over to her. "Liz, I came as soon as I got the message. Is she okay? Damon asks.

"She's in surgery, it's...they're doing everything they can. I need your help, Damon."  Liz says then asks? Sure, anything Liz." Damon replies.

"Mayor Lockwood is dead. They thought he was a vampire, so they put him in the basement." Liz tells him. "Mayor Lockwood was a vampire?" Damon asks shocked.

"No, no. A mistake was made, they said he dropped like the others when John's device went off but he, he couldn't have been a vampire, I've known the man my whole life and now Carol Lockwood is gonna want answers and all i can think of right now is Caroline and..." She says, then begins to cry.

"It's okay. It's okay." Damon says then hugs Liz as she sobs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Bonnie. How's Caroline?" Elena asks.

"She's weak. They don't know if she's gonna make it." Bonnie says.

"What?" Elena asks, tears in her eyes. Bonnie hugs her.

"Is there something that you can do? Like a spell or something?" Elena asks Bonnie. Damon walks over. "She doesn't know how, do you?" He asks, looking at Bonnie. "No I don't." Bonnie says.

"No, you don't because it took Emily years to learn a spell like that." Damon replies. "Well, I can take down a vampire, that spell was easy to learn." She glares at him.

Damon looks between the two before speaking. "I can give Caroline some blood." "No, no way." Elena says. "No, just enough to heal her. She will be safe in the hospital and it will be out of her system in a day, she will be better Elena." Damon tells her. Elena shakes her head then says, "It's too risky, I can't agree to that."

"Do it." Bonnie says. She looks at Elena's shocked face. "This is Caroline. We can't let her die. Do it." "If I do this, you and me, call a truce?" He asks. "No but you'll do it anyway. For Elena." Bonnie says then walks away. Damon turns to Elena. "I know this is probably the last thing you want to do right now but we should talk about what happened tonight."

She nods. "Yeah, one of the tomb vampires got into the house and almost killed John." "What? When? What are you talking about? After I left?" Damon asks. "You were there?" Elena asks." Come on, Elena, you know I was." Damon says. "When were you at the house?" Elena asks.

" Really? Earlier, on the porch, we were talking, all cathartic, feelings exposed. Come on, we kissed, Elena." She sighs. "Okay, I don't have time for this Damon." "If you want to forget what happened fine but I can't." Damon says.

Jenna arrives. Damon moves away while Jenna glares at him, but listens in. "Elena, I came as soon as I got your message. How is John?" "Where have you been?" Elena asks. 'At the fire department, I had to fill out a report. I told you earlier." Jenna replies "No, you didn't." "Yes, I did." She shakes her head. "No, Jenna, you didn't." "Yes, I did."

A look of realization forms on Damon's face and he groans, making two women look at him. "Mmm, you got to be kidding me." He realizes that he has said that out loud. He looks at both Jenna and Elena and walks away.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Jeremy is asleep. Stefan paces beside his bed, still watching out for him. He hears the front door open and goes downstairs. He see Elena. "Hey! How was Caroline?" "Not good." She embraces him. "Just what I needed." She tries to kiss him, but Stefan, realizing it's Katherine, grabs her by the back of her neck and bares his fangs at her. He throws her on the couch. Katherine gets up without missing a beat.

"Katherine." He glares at her.

"At least I fooled one of you." She smirks. He rushes over to her and pushes he against the wall. "Feel better?" He pushes her against another wall as someone begins to open the front dor. Stefan is distracted by this and Katherine takes the opportunity to grab his arm, bend it behind his back, and throw him down on the floor. She smiles and rushes out of the house.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note.

Don't forget to like and comment.