7

Both brothers hand her presents, or rather John hands her one but Michael hands her two. "What are these for?" Whitney asks taking the packages.

"Well, mine is a birthday gift to you." John tells her blushing and hiding his face in her hair. "Eight years ago on this day your mother sold you to our father. I think it only fitting you get your freedom on the same day. Happy birthday, Whitney." John hadn't even known that he could blush. He can't ever remember a time when that was even a possibility. 

Hell, he didn't even think he could be embarrassed. Not after all the shit he's gone through.

"Birthday present? I've even forgotten what that means it's been so long since I celebrated it. Thank you, but you didn't need to get me anything, either of you. Giving me my freedom is more than I could ever have wished for."

Michael hides his shock at her words, it's his experience that the people around him always want gifts and whatever he's willing to buy for him. "You never should have been put into slavery." Now it's Michael's turn to blush and look away from her direct look. "The long present is more of a thank you for being willing to be my mistress and the other is your birthday gift."

"Michael, neither gift is necessary, you allowed John to give me my freedom and then you are giving me a fucking building and all it's rents. Not to mention the money John says that you and he will be giving me tomorrow."

"Reparations don't count. Please, accept both gifts and don't be offended." Michael manages to get out. His face is even more red than he thought if possible to get. He's never had any one second guess him on the gift and he's not sure how to handle it.

Slowly Whitney takes the gifts and opens them. She opens Michael's mistress gift first. She can't help her mouth dropping open at the lovely tennis bracelet. Part of her training had been in evaluating jewels and she can tell that the diamonds are all good quality. "I don't know what to say..."

"Say thank you, they will go lovely with your prom dress." John whispers in her ear.

Whitney nods and tells Michael thanks before opening his second gift to her. "A key?"

"You will have your own car. Tomorrow when you go shopping that will be one of the things you will pick out. John will make sure that it gets paid for." 

"I don't have a license." She knows how to drive, it is after all an important part of her training but she's never been allowed to get her license.

"Next week you'll be going in for your test." Michael tells her and dismisses her thanks.

"Nothing can repay you for what was done. Please, just accept the gifts. Understand that John didn't have any real money or he'd have gotten you more than he did."

"Shit, I'm glad he didn't have more money. This is all more than I could ever expect." Whitney takes the last gift and opens it.

She gasps, "It's beautiful, John, simply beautiful." Whitney takes out the simple gold chain and pendant. She turns to him and has him put it on her neck.

"Whitney?" John asks after he finishes putting on the necklace.

"Hmm?"

"What did you want to ask Michael but were too afraid to say before?" John asks in a soft voice that just carries over to Michael keeping him in his seat.

Michael waits patiently for Whitney to look at him. She bites her lips and looks down unable to meet his eyes. "It's too much, especially after the gifts he's already given me."

Michael sighs, "Whitney, you aren't just my mistress you are also my brother's girlfriend. You can ask me and I won't get upset about anything. I might not grant it to you, but I won't get angry and I most certainly won't hurt you for asking me for something."