30

The boys, especially Michael look at Carmen stunned. Whitney suspected something similar to what she said.

"Who the hell was your father and which mafia did he belong to?" Michael demands of Carmen. She shrinks back from his advancing figure.

"Get the fuck out of my room until you get yourself together," Whitney demands.

When Michael ignores her and continues to advance on poor Carmen, Whitney gets out of bed and stands in front of her. Once Michael sees her he pulls up sharply, but the damage is done.

Whitney doubles over in pain and cries out. John pushes Michael out of the way as he picks up Whitney and rushes her down to where the doctor keeps his office and sets her on a bed in the examination area. He starts calling for the doctor as soon as he opens the door.

Whitney is doing her best to not cry out at the pain that is ripping through her and doubles over.

The doctor races into the exam room and asks Whitney some questions about where it hurts. When she tells him he gets a grim look on his face. "It's the baby, your body just isn't able to keep him going. I can try to stop the miscarry, but it's highly unlikely that I'll be able to or that your body won't do this again. What would you like me to do?" The words are directed to Whitney but the doctor is looking with trepidation at John.

John leans down to Whitney, "Love, it's up to you of course, but I think it will be better to let this one go. Your body just isn't in the shape it needs to be in to carry the baby. Once you are ready, if you wish we can try again."

Whitney looks at him and starts crying. "I'm sorry."

"No, Baby, there's no reason for you to be sorry. You didn't do anything wrong. Things were done to you and we need to make those things better before you have a baby."

"But-" Whitney tries to say but a particularly painful wave washes through her at that time.

"I'm sorry, I don't think that I can save the baby at this point. Sir, would you remove the garments from Miss Latimer? I will make sure that everything is alright then she'll need to rest. She should be fine after a couple of days of bed rest." The doctor asks the angry man at his side for assistance not daring to do it himself.

John gently eases off her clothing and is sickened by how much blood he sees already on her clothes. He's just going to throw them out, there is no way they'll be able to clean all the blood out of them. He finds tears in his eyes for Whitney. 

He hates seeing her in this much pain and thinks that she was starting to warm up to the idea of having a baby. Now she'll lose the baby on top of everything else that has happened to her this week.

"She'll need to wear a feminine pad for the next few days until she stops bleeding." The doctor says sadly. He doesn't know everything that's happened to the young girl, but he knows that she's gone through a lot in the last few days. "I'm sorry for your loss, Miss Latimer."

The doctor nods to John, "She can return to her room, although she might prefer to have something on her lower half before she leaves the room." The doctor cautions John as he starts to pick her up. 

John blushes, "Of course, thank you doctor."

John picks up his phone and calls Michael. "Is Carmen with you? Will you put her on, please?"

John waits a moment before he starts talking. "She lost the baby and is bleeding rather heavily. She needs clean underclothing and feminine pads the doctor said. Michael should be able to help you find the clothes, she'll also need pants or a skirt to put on. I'm not sure if Whitney has any of the pads that the doctor is talking about. Could you have Michael take you to the store and pick some up for her? What brand? I don't know. Hold on and I'll ask her."