17

John slips out of bed and when Whitney starts stirring leans down and gives her a kiss. "Go back to sleep. Michael has a problem he needs me to take care of for him. I'll come back as soon as I can, but you'll need to stay with him. We will be staying in the penthouse for the whole weekend and returning home only after we go to school on Monday."

"Okay, be safe, Snow. I would hate to have to go out and deal with any that hurts you." Whitney says sleepily, only half aware of what she's saying.

John smiles at the thought of Whitney dealing death to those that are threatening their leadership. He has no doubt that she would be able to do it and likely with far more style than he will be doing.

He gets dressed silently and slips out of the penthouse without waking his brother or Carmen up.

He hopes that Michael doesn't mess things up with Carmen. He knows that Whitney rather likes Carmen and will rip Michael apart if he hurts her.

Michael pulls his thoughts off of his brother and their girls and puts it onto the group that is trying to take over their territory. They haven't been able to find their location yet and if they don't find it soon there may be even further problems.

They've been making noises about taking their people and either killing the males or selling their females. This makes John absolutely furious at the thought of them taking Whitney and selling her after she finally gets her freedom after eight years of slavery. Determined to end the threat before it becomes a problem John makes his way to his home and looks over all the information they have. 

He starts giving out orders. The men have no idea if he is Michael or John and so they just obey him. Some of them notice how cold his gaze is and figures that it's John and are even more quick to obey than the others. None of them want to be on the end of one of his tirades.

The last one left the majority of a mafia dead when he finished. They had tried to take over the territory. That was two years ago. Since then John has gotten an even more terrifying reputation. There had been rumors that he found himself a girl, but most discount this, not believing that any female would be able to tolerate his temperament.

They are more than a little aware of the abuse the old boss had had dealt to him in an effort to make him be without feelings. The men are sure that the old boss succeeded.

Later in the morning Whitney is sitting on the patio sipping her juice after finishing her breakfast. She is enjoying the lovely morning and scenic view of the city when she hears the other two stirring.

"Morning, Whitney," Michael says and he leans down to kiss her. John had told him last night that Whitney is willing to give him another chance.

"Morning Michael, have you told her yet?" Whitney says as Carmen comes out to the patio as well.

"Not yet. Mind if we join you? We just ordered room service." Michael asks a little diffidently. He knows that she has forgiven him, but they still haven't talked alone since he messed up.

"Sure. I'm pretty much done, but I was just planning on enjoying the view and relaxing."

"Hi, Whitney," Carmen says shyly and blushing lightly.

"Morning, Carmen. Please, take a seat and make yourself at home." Whitney says friendly enough. "I don't bite unless you want me to." She says that looking at Michael.

Michael starts muttering to himself under his breath. "Not nice, Whitney."

"Breakfast will be brought directly out here when it's ready so go ahead and relax while we wait." Michael tells Carmen. He hopes that she didn't see his kiss to Whitney just now.