40

"Guys?" Whitney is the first to come to the study. "You called me back here? What's up?"

Before they have a chance to speak there is a knock on the door and a guard let's the other two females into the room. The guard shuts the door once Michael nods to him. Michael and John have everyone go over to the sitting area and take more comfortable seats.

Once every one is seated Michael pulls out two envelopes. "I just received these earlier. I thought you three would like to know the results of the paternity tests."

All three girls are now paying avid attention and move forward to sit at the edge of their seats.

Michael just to add to the tension hands one of the envelopes over to John to open. He takes the other one and opens it. The girls are holding hands and staring at him hoping against hope that Kurt isn't the father of either of the babies.

"In the case of Carmen Delgado, there is 99% chance of Michael Leavington of being the father. There is 0% chance of Kurt Montenegro being the father." There is stunned silence by them all at the news Michael reads off.

Michael is stunned and just stares at the words he just read. Carmen's baby is biologically his. He has a baby on the way, he's going to be a father.

"Congratulations, Carmen, Michael." Whitney says to break the silence. Then the screams of happiness break out and the girls all hug each other and Carmen runs to Michael and he holds her to him. Then once the excitement ends the awkwardness hits. Michael hasn't really spent any time with Carmen since her revelations. They haven't talked since she was moved into the guest chamber.

Carmen hurriedly gets off Michael and returns to her seat inbetwen the other two girls.

They all turn to John to watch as he opens his envelope. "In regards to Kiara Montenegro there is 98% chance that the father of the baby is Michael Leavington. There is 0% chance of Kurt Montenegro or Trent Davis being the father." Michael reads the letter and once more there is shocked silence.

This time there is only a, "Thank goodness. I didn't want to have an abortion but I couldn't stomach the thought of having either of their children."

Michael is still in shock from being named father to Carmen's child. To go from not being able to have kids to finding out that he's having two is blowing him away.

"I guess now is a good time to tell you, I'm having twins, Michael." Carmen says in the stunned silence.

"Three babies." Michael says looking up with the most astounded expression on his face.

"Well, big brother, I guess you won't be needing any child of mine to take over after all." John says smirking.

Whitney is smirking at Michael as well. "Just don't expect me to have any of your kids."

Michael looks at her stricken, "You don't want to have my children?"

By then Kiara knows about the semi open relationship the three share so she isn't shocked, but she doesn't understand why there is such shock at him being a father.

"I was beaten by my father rather brutally. He thought I was John. He said he didn't want me to have any problems with who takes over after me. He did his damndest to sterilize me. I believed he had actually. I was told that it was extremely unlikely that I would ever be able to father a baby. 

"John was willing to donate on my behalf if I wanted to do a surrogate or have my girlfriend get prenant." Michael explains to the lost girl.

"Oh," Kiara says stunned at the revelation at first then she starts giggling.

"Whitney, you just need to get pregnant now and we can all have kids about at the same time." Kiara says and suddenly the jovial atmosphere died.

"I was, if I hadn't lost the baby I would be about as far along as you both are. I would have had a paternity test done as well," Whitney manages to say without crying. She's happy for both of her friends but the memory makes her sad. She still feels guilty for losing the baby. So does Michael.

"It's not you fault, Whitney." John says and tries to hold her before she leaves the room.

Kiara looks sick. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset her."

"You didn't know if you hadn't been told. That bastard that raised us made it so that she wasn't able to carry the child, she was too underweight. Then she was kidnapped for more than a day and didn't eat anything, just a little water and not enough of that. Her body just couldn't handle the stress and rejected the baby." Michael tells the remorse filled woman as he watches John race after Whitney.

"He really loves her, doesn't he?" Kiara asks the two remaining people.

"Yeah, he does. I just wish I had the same type of love." Carmen says bitterly, carefully not looking at Michael. She's thinking that after she has the baby that she'll be leaving Michael. There's no way he'll let her keep the babies, but maybe he'll let her have visitation? She can't stand having him cheat on her constantly.

Ever since he learned that him being away chasing after others left Carmen open to attack, Michael has done his best to stay with Carmen, Whitney and John. He fears that when Whitney finds out about the date tomorrow that she's going to break things off with them both. That will leave him with just Carmen and John.

The thought of losing either of them makes him sick. Especially now that he's likely to lose Whitney.

He doesn't want to be around when Whitney finds out about John cheating on her.

But then again he's not happy with the plans for tomorrow either. He won't be cheating on Carmen since their relationship is more open and more than a little strained with the things she told him. He needs to make things right with her.

She was very happy to accept the date with him for tomorrow. Only it won't be with him, it will be with John.

Michael closes his eyes. Things will not be pretty.

Carmen might not be able to tell them apart when they are separate, but she isn't stupid and will figure it out. There are things that he does that John won't be doing. Things that he just does automatically. It doesn't matter when they switch for business or whatever, but when it comes to a physical relationship, it will matter.

He wants to tell Carmen, but John made him promise not to, since she will tell Whitney.

Michael feels his stomach start roiling and does his best to calm it down.

He starts to talk to the females about arrangements and care since they are carrying his children. He does anything he can think of to distract himself from the upcoming fiasco that is tomorrow night.