chapter six

Daniel unlocked the front door and placed his keys on the hook

"Oh, I'm sorry, Mr. Watts!" Tyra exclaimed, scaring Daniel as he walked into the living room.

It was ten in the evening, and Daniel had just gotten home from work. The project he was over had an issue, and due to being the man in charge, he had to stay overtime to fix it.

Daniel looked over at Tyra and saw that she had an array of snacks on the coffee table, along with a bottle of champagne.

He was beyond exhausted, but he wanted to use what he had learned from Kentrell and Ryan.

"It's fine, Tyra. I assume that my children are off to sleep?" He asked and walked into the living room.

Tyra nodded and paused the show she was watching. "Yes, sir! I put them to sleep two hours ago," She answered and gave her full attention to him.

As usual, she looked beautiful, a pink ribbon held up her hair, and she wore a pink robe. Just a vision in pink.

"Well, I don't see a problem with you relaxing once your work is done," He cleared his throat. "Is it your favorite color?" He asked while leaning on the couch.

Tyra smiled shyly and nodded. "Yes, I've loved it ever since I was a little girl," She bit her lip, her voice soft as a cloud.

Daniel thanked God for allowing him to get through one question without being distracted by her beauty. "That's great," He said. "I don't want to keep you from watching your show," He knew that she'd rather watch her show and enjoy herself than talk to him. Honestly, he didn't want to overstay his welcome.

"No! I don't mind," Tyra exclaimed and tapped the cushion next to her. "Come sit if you'd like," She smiled, and Daniel's heart skipped a beat.

He prayed for God to help him and sat beside her. "What are you watching?" He asked and hoped that she couldn't hear his heartbeat.

Tyra crossed her legs and pressed the info button on the remote. "The Bachelorette. It's already my favorite show, and I just started watching it!" She explained animatedly and poured herself some more champagne. "Yum," She took a sip and hummed in delight.

"I've heard of the show, but I've never seen it," Daniel admitted while watching Tyra intently. He couldn't look away from her. "Is that pink champagne?" His brows furrowed.

Tyra blushed and giggled. "Guilty," She bit her lip and put the glass down. "The show is really amazing. It reminds me of my time on Bumble," She murmured the last bit, but Daniel was clueless.

"What's bumble?" He asked.

Tyra gasped and grabbed her phone. "It's an online dating app," She handed him her phone. "I don't use it anymore, but it was a nice app. You get to see a bunch of guys and decide which one you find cute! The woman gets to make the first move, so it really makes me feel like I'm a bachelorette deciding who gets a rose," Her eyes glimmered as she spoke, showing her excitement.