chapter twelve

Three days had passed and Daniel had placed a note in Tyra's room stating the information about their date, which was today

Daniel was at work, as usual, but today more than ever, he was ready to go home. Work was becoming less and less attractive to him, though, without it his children would go hungry.

"Daniel," His boss said as he walked into his office. "I need you to look at this layout and fix what's wrong with it. I had Phil head this project up, but he did a crap job," He murmured and placed the scroll on Daniel's desk. "Have it done by today," He instructed and walked out of Daniel's office.

Daniel grabbed the scroll and unrolled it. "Stupid," He muttered and tried not to throw the entire project out of the window.

Phil was incompetent, everyone knew it, even Phil himself knew.

"God, help me," He sighed and went to work on the project.

Four hours passed and Daniel felt like it was hopeless. The revision of the project was going well, but it didn't look like he'd be home in time for his date with Tyra.

"Knock, knock," Kentrell said as he walked into his office.

Daniel looked up from his work and scowled. "Have you come to help? Please say yes," He begged, making Kentrell worried.

"You good, man?" He asked and walked behind Daniel's desk. "What's this?" He asked after reading the original paper.

Daniel sighed and closed his eyes for a second. "I'm not good. Crowley let Phil head up this new project," He motioned to the paper and rested his head on the desk. "He wants me to fix it today,"

Kentrell placed his hand on Daniel's shoulder and shook him. "That's crazy man, normally you, the project manager, heads up the projects, makes me wonder why Phil did it," He said. "Why are you so worried? You can get this done," He tried to encourage his friend.

Daniel lifted his head off the desk and smiled sarcastically. "I'd be peachy keen if I didn't have a date with Tyra tonight," He cheered and placed his head back on the desk.

"What? When did this happen? Why didn't you tell me sooner? Does Ryan know?" Kentrell bombarded him with questions.

Daniel groaned and lifted his head, again. "I asked her out a few days ago, she was timid and all cutesy, but she said yes. We're supposed to be going out at seven, but I'll most likely be done here by ten."

Kentrell smacked Daniel in the back of his head and shook his head. "Tell me what to do and I'll have you out of here by five," He wanted to see his friend happy. He had heard about Francesca from Ryan, but he never got to meet her, so he wanted Daniel to be happy again.

Daniel looked to the ceiling and sighed. "God answers prayers, man." He turned to Kentrell. "You're a lifesaver,"

Kentrell wiggled his eyebrows and tapped his heart. "I know. You want to be with this woman, so I'm gonna help you until the end." He vowed.