chapter seven

Three weeks passed, and Daniel still couldn't wrap his mind around how beautiful Tyra was inside and out

Three weeks passed, and Daniel still couldn't wrap his mind around how beautiful Tyra was inside and out. She was a vibrant young woman with a whole lot of spunk.

Tonight was no different than any other, Tyra, however, seemed a little antsy, which was definitely out of the ordinary.

"Are you okay?" Daniel asked as he watched Tyra recount her steps in the kitchen.

They formed a friendship after watching Boy Meets World. It wasn't much, they only talked here and there, and when Daniel had the time, he stopped what he was doing and joined Tyra on the couch for an episode of Boy Meets World. And though Daniel didn't understand how anyone could watch it willingly, he was glad that the show helped form a bond between him and Tyra.

Tyra stopped walking and took a deep breath. "I'm fine, Mr. Watts." She sighed and walked to the refrigerator. "Do I look stupid to you, Mr. Watts?" She asked exasperatedly.

Daniel's heart dropped, and he started to panic. He knew that he wasn't as discreet as he assumed. She knew that he liked her and now she was going to quit. "Um," He scratched his neck. "No. You look like an intelligent woman," He admitted, hoping she wouldn't call him out. His children took well to her, and so did he.

Tyra closed the refrigerator and tried to calm herself down. "I-i just don't get it then!" Her voice trembled as she spoke. "The people who bought my bakery called and told me that there was a slip-up in our contract, and now they want to bring in lawyers," She paced the floor anxiously.

Daniel wanted to grab her and hold her in his arms, but he couldn't, so he walked up to her and placed his hand on her shoulder. "Hold on, sweetheart." He was relieved to know that he wasn't the problem, but now he had to help her. "Come take a seat and tell me what happened if you feel comfortable sharing," He said, and she nodded.

Tyra sat at the bar and placed her head on the cold counter. Daniel hoped he could help calm her anxiety because seeing her distraught wasn't something he liked.

She lifted her head from the counter and bit her lip. Her eyes held fear, but he could still see a hint of joy in them, which was unbelievable.

"Earlier today, I was cooking lunch for Grant, and I got an email. It was from the company that bought my bakery. They told me they found a problem with the contract we both signed when I handed over my property to them. Something about an ownership clause, I was confused, and I still am." She pinched the bridge of her nose.

"They called immediately after that, and my mind couldn't comprehend what was happening. But long story short, they believe that I swindled them. T-they think I did it on purpose, but I have no clue what they're talking about. When I sold my bakery, I wasn't even thinking about cheating anyone. I don't know what I'll do if they sue me," She was horrified, and Daniel wanted to ease her fear.

"Could you show me the email?" He asked.

Tyra nodded and handed him her phone. "Oh, it's not unlocked, and you don't even know where to look," She scolded herself, put the passcode in, and went to the email.