chapter twenty-one

A few weeks passed and everything was wonderful

A few weeks passed and everything was wonderful. Daniel had shown Tyra all the love he had in the past few weeks and he couldn't wait to love her more.

It was great, but he wanted to do more. Only, he didn't know what to do.

"Do you want to go somewhere?" Tyra asked as she walked into his office.

Daniel looked away from his book and smiled at his beautiful woman. She was cute, beautiful, charming, bashful, and he was blessed to have her all to himself. "I was just thinking about figuring out where to take you next," He admitted and walked over to her. "Good mercy," He smiled while looking into her beautiful eyes. She was so beautiful.

Tyra bit her lip and walked around him to sit in his chair. "I want to take you ice skating," She beamed happily.

"Wait," He squinted and shook his head. "Why are you taking me? I want to woo you and do all the romantic gestures," He crossed his arms to make his statement clear.

Tyra rolled her eyes and picked up his book. "Nicholas Sparks?" She asked amused, evading his question.

"Yes. I wanted to know why you liked his movies and books, so I picked up a copy of," He paused and read the title again. "Uh, A Walk To Remember," He emphasized.

Tyra clutched her heart and swooned. "That's so sweet, Mr. Watts!"

Mr. Watts. The name made him curious. He thought that maybe after professing his love for her, that maybe, just maybe, she would call him Daniel. But, she didn't. He understood professionalism, but he was in love with her so she had every right to call him by his name.

"You didn't answer my question, but now we have bigger fish to fry. Why don't you call me Daniel?" He asked and sat on the edge of his desk.

Tyra furrowed her brows in confusion and hummed. "I'm not sure, Mr. Watts." She shrugged. "I just never thought about it, I didn't think you'd want me to call you Daniel. It's not very employee and boss," She explained.

"That's what I thought. You're such a sweet woman and you don't want to cross a line, but to be frank, that line's already been crossed. Not by you, but by me. If you're comfortable with it, you can call me Daniel. If not, Mr. Watts is also my name, so I wouldn't mind if you still called me that," Daniel wanted her to know that she had a choice and he would never pressure her.

Tyra pursed her lips and tapped her head. "I've gotten so used to calling you Mr. Watts," She reasoned. And then she smiled. "But, Daniel is a really nice name," She shook her shoulders and laughed.

"So, Daniel," She emphasized his name and he smiled back at her. "Do you want to go ice skating?" She asked and pressed her hands together in prayer hands.

Daniel winked at her and nodded. "Of course. I'll ask Gloria to watch the kids," He got off the desk and grabbed his phone.

"Too late," Tyra sang. "I already called her and she's actually downstairs watching them now," She winked back at him and stood from his chair. "If you're ready, we can go now,"