chapter eleven

"You did what?" Kentrell and Ryan said simultaneously after Daniel finished telling them about his time with Tyra

Daniel chuckled at his friends and nodded. "I'm not a lying man. God only knows what was going through my head when I did it. She just looked so beautiful, and it felt right." He explained with a far off look in his eyes, his mind stuck on Tyra.

Kentrell shook his head and slapped his knee. "I'm shocked, but I'm proud. Women like affirmative men, a girl I once dated called me a pansy for not being bold and upfront with my feelings. Ever since then I was open and acted when needed, it paid off,"

"I would've done the same with that woman. She's absolutely gorgeous, and it was just a kiss on the hand. How'd she react?" Ryan asked.

Daniel smirked and thought back on her reaction. "She was speechless, I'm not bragging though, I thought that she was going to slap me or something." He laughed. "We had dessert after that, it was great." He sighed happily. "I'm going to the bookstore after work, she told me that she likes romance novels," He opened his laptop and typed in his password.

Kentrell wiped his eyes and sniffled. "I'm so proud of you, like a father to his son," He cried overdramatically. "My work here is done," He winked and got up from his seat.

"Dude, let me know if you mess up. I'll be there asap to help her get over you," Ryan said and followed Kentrell out of the room.

Daniel looked at the time on his laptop and groaned. He wanted to go home and see Tyra, but his work had to be done first. Now if he could only convince his mind to focus on anything other than Tyra, he would be home soon.

-

"Welcome to Treasured Possessions, can I help you find a book today?" The peppy teenaged worker asked Daniel as he walked into the bookstore.

He smiled and nodded. "Yes, could you show me where you keep the romance novels?" He asked and she nodded rapidly.

"Of course! What book are you looking for?" She asked as she led him to the romance section.

Daniel didn't know what he was looking for, he just wanted to look and then wait for a book to catch his eye. "I'm not sure," He answered honestly.

The girl tapped her head and walked to a shelf. "If you'd like, I could give you one of my favorites," She searched the row for a second and handed him a book.

"That would be nice," He said and took the book. A Walk To Remember.

"It's a little cheesy, but it's really a great book. You're gonna love it," The girl animated as she walked to the register.

Daniel chuckled and placed the book on the counter. "Oh, it's not for me. It's for my lady," He said and the girl smiled.

She scanned the book and then pressed some keys on the register. "That's really sweet of you to get her a book, does she enjoy Nicholas Sparks?" She asked and Daniel shrugged.