bonus chapter: the note

"Snickerdoodle, we've been meaning to tell you that we found a note for you at the house

"Snickerdoodle, we've been meaning to tell you that we found a note for you at the house. Thankfully your grammy put it in her purse," Skylar told Tyra as they walked into the house.

It was summer break and the kids were playing in the new pool that Daniel just installed a few weeks before the break started.

"Really? I want to see it," She said and held out her hand.

Lisa dug the note out of her purse and placed it in her hand. "I'll be honest, we both read it. It's really cute," She explained and walked to the backyard to greet her great-grandchildren along with Skylar.

Tyra held the note and walked to the living room. Once she was seated and comfy, she began reading it.

'Tyra,

God, I have so much to say, but first I must apologize.

I didn't realize that by only showing you how I felt and showering you with superficial compliments, I was painting my feelings for you in an artificial light.

I'm sorry.

I love you and I want you to know it in your heart.

I don't want you to ever have to second guess my intentions when it comes to you, because I will make it known every day if you'll allow me.

In this note, I'll start,

When you walk into any room, whether it be in my house or even a huge grocery store, your joy lights up the room.

When I get home from work, even if my day was horrible, just one look from you makes it better.

When you speak, it's very poetic and genuine. I could listen to you talk about Boy Meets World, (no matter how dreadful it is) you could be reading the dictionary and I'd be the first in line to sit and listen.

Your smile. God only knows how to explain how I feel when you smile. In short, it drives me crazy (in the best way possible)

Your joy. The world could be ending and your left leg could be chopped off, but you would still radiate joy. It's beautiful and inspiring.

You could tell me it's too soon to love you, maybe it is, but it doesn't change how I feel about you.

When you came into my office, it wasn't love at first sight, but I did know that there was a 95% chance that after living under the same roof as you I'd surely fall in love with you.

I was right. But not only do I love you, but my children love you.

I'm not asking for anything but the chance to love you with your permission. To cherish you with your say so. To dote on you endlessly.

You are a gift, and I will always treat you as such.

With that being said,
I hope that you accept my apology and my love.

Yours,
Daniel.

ps...
I love you ( ;
'

Sobs escaped her mouth as she read the long lost note. Everything he said, she felt so stupid. If she hadn't lost the note that day, she wouldn't have been upset with him after Hollyn kissed him.

Daniel walked into the living room and Tyra couldn't stop crying.

"Sweetheart, I'm here. Don't cry," He rushed to her side and rocked her crying body. "Baby, what's wrong?" He asked and she handed him the note.

"Where did you find this? Wow," He sighed in shock. It was the note he put in her Bible.

She wiped her tears and sneezed. "Sorry," She apologized. "Grammy found it at their house," She explained. "I'm sorry for ever doubting you," She hugged him.

"Tyra, I was never mad at you for doubting me. Don't worry, we both know that I love you and you love me now," He told her. "It's a good thing that the note was lost. I tried to use it as an escape from telling you how I felt verbally, but since it got lost, I had to just come to your grandparent's house and tell you."

Tyra took the note from him and held it tightly. "You're gifted with romantic words, and I love you for always comforting me when I cry,"

"I love you too, now let's go see our kids and that nice pool your handsome husband built," Daniel clenched his jaw to show off his chiseled bone structure.

"My humble husband," Tyra teased and bumped him with her shoulder.

Daniel grinned while wiggling his brows. "You love me."

She laughed. "I can't deny that,"

With Abandon(BWAM)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara