Chapter 10: Catching Up

6 MONTHS LATER

February 22

I Blew my breath into my hands trying to create heat but that wasn't working I really needed to invest in heat warmers. "Young blood I need dat" I nodded my head taking his money and handing him the white powder substance. I looked around checking my surroundings again when I seen the same black SUV I see 3 times a week every since I started working this corner. When I spotted it it pulled off in a hurry as it always did. I put my hands in my coat pockets and noticed I had 2 bags left to sell. Which was a good thing its to cold for this. Y'all probably want me catch yall up so ima do so as yall know Loud and Shadow brought me into the game a few months ago. I was doing regular stuff at the time. I didn't know it was just regular stuff but now when I look at it it's just regular stuff. Well that regular stuff was bringing good money and I was loving it. It was to the point I would be able to re up at least 3 times a day. I started getting clients a lot of em started to come to me because of dude with the charger I wasn't complaining though. Shadow and Loud seen how I was adjusting to it and they threw another offer on the table. With this offer I was taught to cook crack and how to cook it into bigger batches. The money is good very good but the way it destroys the people you sell it to is traumatizing like "Pops" the man I just sold to he started getting weed from me but then I started selling crack and he started to buy that. It started messing with his looks within the first 3 weeks it's worst now he walks around here looking like shit high on crack that I sold to him. Anyways I begin to get good with crack to and thats when Loud decided to expand and put me on this corner I thought he would have people out here with me but its only been me it's always just been me but like I said the money is great so I don't mind. I've stopped attending school really it's the last thing on my mind and I probably won't go back- "How much can I get with this" The lady said handing me a 20 I took it and handed her the white substance she looked at it and thanked me "Yea yea get outta here" I told her. But I probably won't be going back anytime soon I got bigger problems to worry about. I looked around checking my surroundings again to see the Black SUV approaching rolling the window down. I seen a gun stick out the window and took off running. "BANG! BANG! BANG!" I heard the shots ring I knew they was after me because every time I hit a turn I heard the tires screeching. I ran down a alley jumping a fence. Thinking fast I decide to take a bike I found in someone's backyard and begin peddling faster then ever. Trying to make it back to my side of town.

20 MINUTES LATER

When I entered my side of town I begin to slow down so I can regain my breath. I was soon outside my house I dropped the bike in the front yard grabbed my house keys and ran up to the front door unlocking it and walking in I closed the door shut and locked it I slide down the door sitting on the floor "Boy what in lords name is wrong with you?" I looked over at Mama Grace and stood up "Hey Mama Grace" I said trying to hug her to switch the subject "Don't you put ya hands on me Boy" she said holding her hand in the air "Now why you all worked up" she said sitting down on the sofa "I'm not worked up Mama Grace I just got into a heated argument with my friend and needed to remove myself from the situation" I lied She nodded her head "That's good don't start nothing-" "won't be nothing" I said finishing for her making her chuckle. "Alright Mama Grace ima go take a shower tell me when the food ready" I said walking up the stairs "Alright baby" I heard her reply. I Met Mama Grace 5 Months ago she was having trouble taking her groceries in the house and I decided to stop and help she asked me to stay for dinner I wanted to say no but how could I do that to a old lady beside I don't regret it because that night I was given a mother figure to point me in the right direction. I didn't start staying with MaMa Grace until I was tired of sleeping on Montreys floor. I would stay at the trap making sells then I would check on MaMa Grace get her groceries and anything she needed and it would just repeat then one day I was going to check on her and she started asking me about my personal life I told her everything straight forward besides the selling drugs part and she insisted I stay with her I told her I was fine but she wouldn't let it go so I started to stay with her. I was snatched out of my thoughts when my phone rang "hello" I said into the phone "you get that shii off" I then recognized it was Shadow "Yea and we gotta talk" i replied "Ard lil bro I'll be at the Trap tonight" I hung up the phone and turned on the shower I brushed my teeth took my clothes off and hopped in the shower. After 30 minutes in the shower I grabbed a towel wrapped it around my waist and walked to my room. I went to my dresser grabbed my under clothes and put them on. I put deodorant on and grabbed a white t shirt with some shorts putting them on. "FOODS DONE" I heard Mama Grace yell I flew downstairs and into the kitchen Mama Grace handed me my plate and I went back upstairs to my room eating before I could sit down on my bed.

COUPLE HOURS LATER

I pulled a black hoodie out of my closet putting it on. I then grabbed black pants out of my dresser putting them on over my shorts. I put my shoes on grabbed my book bag along with my ski mask then Walked downstairs to see MaMa Grace sleep on the sofa. I grabbed a blanket from the closet placed it on her and quietly walked out the front door. I grabbed the bike I stole and peddled to the Trap. Once I arrived I dropped the bike on the ground and went inside. "Shadow" I called out "In here" I followed the voice "wassup" he said "I can't work that corner no more man" I said giving him his cut he frowned "why not?" he asked "I got shot at earlier thats why then its people watching me man" I begin to panic. "chill bro chill take dis" he said handing a gun to me "what is this going to do for me" I said trying to hand it back. "Take it and use it either way I need you on that corner bro". I put the gun in my waistband and walked out of the house in defeat. I got on the bike and went back home. I walked in the house to see MaMa Grace still sleep I woke her up and walked her to her room helping her into her bed. I then went up to my room taking my hoodie and pants off and laid in my bed closing my eyes.