Chapter 38 - I don't know man, I'm not a dog

Semi-edited

2 Weeks Later

2 Weeks Later

"Hey Mark, It's me again. You're probably really tired of my voice." I laugh softly gripping onto his hand tighter. "Buddy I need you to wake up, the past two weeks have been hell. I can't sleep, eat, and I can't even act properly." I mumble playing with the hospital bracelet on his tiny white, wrist.

"There are two weeks left of shooting the movie then we have to do photoshoots, we're going around the world for a tour. But listen munchkin, I'm not going anywhere until you're awake. I need to know that you're going to be okay, we're a team, I'm not gonna leave you."

I wipe the tear that trickles down my swollen puffy cheeks due to all the crying I've been doing these past two weeks.

"They haven't caught the people who put you in here, it's an on-going investigation, they won't tell anyone anything because it's confidential, but I think we deserve to know, don't you?" I ask knowing I'm not going to get an answer.

With a nod of my head, I place my forehead on the hospital bed and groan.

It's been two weeks since Mark's accident.

Two weeks since I've last slept, I haven't been eating properly... but no one knows that.

Chris especially doesn't know, he would kill me if he did.

Chris offered me to stay in his apartment with him due to him being scared to leave me alone.

I declined saying that it was too soon, and he replied with "I don't care."

But at the end of the day I won, I always win.

I have been spending more time at his place though, during the day and the night, but I leave to go home.

I've been spending a lot of time getting to know Chris's mom Cassandra, she is the sweetest lady I've ever met. The moment I first walked through the door she treated me like her long-lost daughter. We cooked and baked together, watched reality tv shows, gossiped about Chris, and she gave me motherly advice about everything.

A few tears ran down my face when we had to say goodbye because she had to catch a flight home, I'm going to miss her.

And if I wasn't at Chris's place I was in the studio filming, or at the hospital with Mark.

These past few weeks the fans and paparazzi have been overwhelming. Constantly following me, taking pictures of me eating, working out, and in general just trying to live my life. I've had to get a bodyguard named Paul to follow me around since the accident, he has to push and shove everyone gently when I exit the hospital, they try to crowd around me and ask me questions.

I've tried asking them to respect my privacy, and especially everyone else in the hospital, but they don't listen at all.

It's like talking to a brick wall.