chapter 9

lucy's p.o.v

my eyes open slowly as i stretch all my limbs, a grown rising from deep inside me. i yawn and sit up, feeling the pounding of my head start. i put my head back down and cover the top of my head with my hands.

"here." i hear a voice beside me and i almost jump, looking to see my roommate. i extend my hands as she hands me a water bottle and two small pulls. "advil." is all she says and walks over to the mini fridge.

"thanks." i close my eyes, trying to relax myself. i feel like someone is repeating hitting my head over and over with a mallet..and it keeps getting worse. i swallow the pills quickly, drinking some extra water afterwards. "what happened?" i ask as i set the water bottle on my side table. i see my phone lighting up with messages from dakota. i pick it up, reading the notifications.

"you went into your girlfriends dorm room drunk after the party so she carried you back here and basically blamed it on me." jade says, getting dressed next to her bed. i don't look at her as i furrow my eyebrows, staring holes into the floor.

"why would she blame it on you?" i ask quietly, hearing jade let out a sarcastic laugh.

"she said that since i was the one who gave you the drinks, i should of made sure you got back to the room okay. which i didn't." i look over at her to see her shrug. "sorry but you're not my responsibility. your hers and she wasn't even there."

"i'll talk to her." i say to her. "you didn't deserve that, nothing happened to me." i click on the notifications from dakota on my phone.

"whatever." she shrugs it off. "see you later." she says before exiting the room. so much for me saying bye back.

i quickly scan dakota's texts and instead of texting because my eyes are a little blurry, i call her. the phone rings for a minute as i relax my head against my pillow.

"lucy, hi. how's your head babe?" i hear as soon as she answers the phone. i laugh a little, taking another sip of my water.

"it hurts but i just took medicine." i tell her. she sighs, saying a quick 'okay.'

"can we talk before class?" she asks me. i check the time, seeing its nine o'clock. we have class at noon today.

"yeah. meet me downstairs in ten." i say to her.

"okay." she says hanging up quickly. i didn't know she wanted to talk to me also. about what? probably getting that drunk? yeah she must have been frustrated with me but she didn't have to argue with jade.

i get up, hoping the advil is doing it's job slowly but surely. i get changed, brush my hair, and quickly walk to the bathroom and brush my teeth.

once i'm all freshened up, i make my way downstairs and see no one down in the lobby area. i go near the pool table, sitting in some comfortable chairs and waiting for dakota.

i can't help but smile once i see the gorgeous girl coming towards me. i stand up, opening my arms as she smiles back at me. she melts into my arms, letting me rub her back in a comforting way. we pull away and both lean in for a short kiss.

we sit down across from each other, looking into each other eyes. "i love you, you know that." she tells me, her cheeks flushed slightly. i fight the urge to widen my smile.

"i love you." i say back to her. she leans back in the chair and sighs. "i'm sorry-"

"i want you to have fun here, it's college. i understand that but i'm not a big party girl and you can't handle yourself." she interrupts me. i'm a little confused by her words.