chapter 11

lucy's p.o.v

my heart drops as i hear the small squeak of a door
opening. dakota and i both snap our necks to look at the door, seeing aubrey walk in. she immediately drops her key and gasps. she cover her eyes with her hands and shuts the door back closed, leaving her outside in the hallway.

dakota looks back at me in shock, her jaw low. she immediately gets off of me as i sit up quickly. she slips on her shirt and picks up my clothes, throwing them at me. i put my bra on as fast as i can as i put my shirt on over my head. i slip my legging up my legs and run my fingers through my hair.

dakota stares at me, waiting for me to finish before she picks up aubreys key. she tosses it on the table near the tv before brushing herself off. she hesitates to open the door but she does. we are met with aubrey's back turned to the door. she turns around, looking from dakota to me.

"hey." she says, her eyes still wider than they should be. she still has her computer in her hand. i notice dakota looking frozen, not being able to move or say anything. i hit her in the back of the head gently and she blinks.

"we're so sorry aubrey." dakota's face turns pink from embarrassment as she says that. i hold in my laugh, covering my mouth with my hands.

"i should of stayed downstairs longer anyway. sorry for not knocking." she holds her computer tight to her chest, talking like she's frightened.

dakota turns back to me, giving me a sad but also irritated look. i grab her waist and move her away so aubrey can walk in. she does and dakota just stares at me.

"you didn't know." i chuckle at aubrey. "we should of expected that to be honest." i grab onto dakota's hand. "i'll be going back to my room now." i give aubrey a small wave.

she waves back a little at me. i drag dakota outside of the room and down the hall to my room. when we get to my room, we stop and look at each other.

i let out a genuine laugh i was holding in. dakota shakes her head and smacks herself in the forehead. "it's not funny!" she whines, her face turning bright red again.

"it's a little funny." i admit, watching her pout.

"well shes not your roommate." she groans before rolling her eyes. i giggle, stepping closer.

"well since what was about to happen didn't happen, will you consider going to a party next time?" i wink at her, watching her look down embarrassed. she slowly nods, looking back up.

"maybe." she gives in. i know she's only saying that because of what i said we would do, and i'm okay with that. better then dancing in my opinion.

"maybe." i say, kissing her lips passionately. she wraps her arms around my waist quickly. "and as for that punishment, it's postponed." i say. she squeezes her lips together and nods, smirking at me this time.

"fine with me." she agrees, now smiling at me. i give her a hug this time, never wanting to let go. i feel like my face is flushed just from that whole thing that just happened. of course it had to end too soon.

"i love you." i say to her. "see you tomorrow for early class." i reach and grab the key for my room. she nods as i slip the key in my door.

"i love you, gorgeous." she says as she walks down the hallway. i wave and smile at her as she keeps her eyes on me the whole way down.

i finally open my door, separating from my lovely girlfriend. i close the door behind me and see jade on her bed, reading a book. she lowers the book and looks at me.

"you read?" i snicker, walking over to the closet. i take out a pair of clean pajamas and put them on my bed.

"in fact i do. surprising?" she asks before closing the book and putting it to the side. i stop and look back at her.