Chapter 8.

Enzo's POV

My fist banged on Fiero's front door so hard, I thought I'd knock it off of its hinges. Rosalinda cracked the door open slightly, with the chain lock still in place. She gasped in horror at the sight of Nora, unconscious and bloody, in my arms. She closed the door again and I heard the lock being slid open and she quickly let us in.

"What happened?" she demanded as she put down the shot gun, she had concealed from me, behind the door again. Guns were just part of being a mafia man's woman. You never knew when the life was going to follow you home.

"There was a fight. Please just help her." I pleaded. She brushed Nora's hair away from her face and nodded.

"Go lay her down in the guest room." Her tone was serios. She ran into another room and came back with a bag full of medical supplies.

She stripped Nora of my suit jacket I had hastily wrapped around her and pressed on her wound gently. Nora flinched away from her touch even in unconsciousness.

"Get out Lorenzo." Rosalinda ordered, not looking away from the equipment she was preparing.

"I'm not leaving her- "

"I need to get her cleaned up and she would be unhappy if you saw her undressed." She argued. "Now go and let me take care of her!"

She was right of course. Nora never even showed her shoulders. I knew she kept her body covered as a way of protecting herself after what she had gone through. I wished we had made those Russian fuckers suffer before killing them. They knew her. They touched her. They hurt her. They got off too easy.

"Boss!" Fiero burst through the door. My senses were so heightened at the moment, he startled me into pulling my gun on him.

"Son of a bitch Fiero." I cursed, putting my gun back in its holster.

"We got the sniper." He informed me. "Let's go."

Before I could say anything, Rosalinda spoke up. "Go deal with that Lorenzo. You're not going to do any good here anyways. I'll take care of her." It almost seemed like she was promising herself as well. She had carefully laid out everything she needed to stitch Nora up.

______________________________________________________________________________

"He's not talking yet, but I'm sure we can convince him." Fiero said dangerously. I didn't say anything in response. I just wanted to get this over with so I could get back to my girl.

He pulled up to one of our shipping warehouses. Yes, it was full of normal items for export, but those covered the illegal dealings we had a hand or two in.

The sweet sounds of painful grunts met our ears as we walked across the echoing concrete.

"I'm not going to fucking say anything so you may as well kill me, you Italian bastard!" the sniper screamed at Raffaelo.

"That would be letting you off much to easily." I drawled. I unbuttoned the cuffs of my dress shirt and rolled my sleeves up. Without a word, Raff handed me his hand knife and stepped aside.

"Are you sure you have no information for me?" I asked with a tone of warning. The sniper spat at me. I only grinned in response and proceeded to cut his fingers off one knuckle at a time. I thought about all of the hurt Nora had gone through and I got a sick pleasure from his screams of agony.

Around the third finger he started begging but didn't tell us anything. He only started talking when Fiero started pulling teeth.

"IT'S VARLAM!" he screamed. "Please, no more. It's Varlam, he's obsessed with the girl." Blood was pouring from his mouth and dribbling down his chin.