She doesn't deserve you

*Fanart added way later and is not mine. In fact none of the art in the book is*

_____

Obito P.O.V

I am sick and tired of Kakashi. He's always around. We have been on a team together for two years and recently it has been only a couple of months but he has been getting on my nerves.

Whenever I get the guts to ask out Rin to go somewhere, he will show up and then Rin will want to invite him as well. Like what the hell Kakashi go away this wasn't supposed to be a team thing!

Minato-sensei said I should be nicer to him, and something happened recently but I don't care. He seems fine to me. Kakashi is his usual arrogant self, but now he's just around way more often then I would like. All I want to do is go on a date with Rin. Is that too much to ask?

I'll try again. This time, I have brought flowers, and made sure that Rin and I were alone. She was standing by a tree, and I had the flowers behind my back so she couldn't see them. I bought them with some money I was able to save from my Grandma. She was usually cheap and didn't like giving me money for no reason.

"Hey Obito!" She called out to me. I asked her to meet me here but I didn't tell her why.

"Hi Rin..." I smiled at her, and I pulled the flowers from behind my back, and she looked at me surprised. "I got these for you. I-uh I-I've been meaning to ask you..." I had a hard time speaking to her and when I started to get to the point but she spoke instead before I could finish what I wanted to say.

"I know what you're going to say Obito..." Her smile disappeared, and I already knew she was going to let me down wasn't she? "I'll have to give these back..." She handed the flowers I bought back to me. But I picked out her favorite flowers. "...because I don't like you. I like someone else."

"Oh..." Was all I could say. I guess I already knew that but I was hoping maybe she could see me. Someone who actually gives her the time of day. Maybe she wouldn't love me right now, but I could win her over with my affection? But I should have known it was hopeless. I should have known that she would always choose him.

"Sorry Obito. Maybe you can give them to some other girl." She started walking away and in the face of a hard rejection I stood there, then I sat down on the bench and cried. My tears came out slowly, and I barely felt them until I felt a hand on my chin lifting me up to look into their eyes.

It was Kakashi.

Great what is Kakashi doing here. Here I am crying like a baby because I got rejected by my first crush. A shinobi doesn't cry. I tore my head away from him and stood up. I had to get away from here away from him. It bothers me way too much already knowing that he has seen me like this.

"Obito!" Kakashi yelled at me. I stopped for a moment then I continued walking. I can't do this right now. Or ever. Then I'll have to go to training tomorrow and pretend today never happened.

"Obito wait!" He was jogging after me, and he was definitely faster than I was. In a flash he pinned me to the nearby fence, the flowers I bought for Rin scattered all over the ground. Their petals flowing in the wind as I looked into Kakashi's eyes. His cold black eyes stared back at me.

Fuck why am I blushing. I don't understand. It must be really hot. Then it also could be the close proximity....or the suggestive pose as his hands held onto my wrists trapping me between the fence and him.

"Why are you crying?" He asked me and for a moment I heard...concern? No way Kakashi never felt concern for anyone. Especially not to me.

"Why does it matter to you." I struggled against his grip to leave. "Let go of me!"

"I'll let you go if you tell me what happened."

"Ugh fine...I asked Rin on a date and she rejected me are you happy?" My voice was low this was a very humiliating thing to admit. My only solace was the fact that no one witnessed my subtle breakdown, but here he was...witnessing it. The last person I wanted to see me this way.

He let me go after I answered him and I was debating on running away from him. This was way too embarrassing.

"She rejected you?" He asked. I don't know why he sounded surprised. "I don't know why she'd reject such a cute---" He stopped himself. What was he about to say? I don't think I heard him correctly. Was he about to say what I think he was going to say? I couldn't even gauge the expression on his face cause he always wears that stupid mask all of the time.

"She rejected me cause she likes you."

"She told you that?"

"No but it's super obvious." I rolled my eyes. I was angry at myself for thinking I even had a chance with her. "Do you like her?"

"Rin? No." Kakashi said it like it was the dumbest question he could have asked. "You know what Obito? I see how you always try to ask her out. It's  been super obvious how you like her too."

"Well--I probably wouldn't have to ask her out so much if you'd just stay away so she wouldn't have the chance to invite YOU. That time we went to Ichiraku was supposed to be a date! Not a 'friends lunch.'" Kakashi looked up as if remembering the event.

"Maybe I did that for a reason..."

"A reason?! What reason could that be?" I was raising my voice was he actually serious? All those times I tried to ask Rin out and he was there, Kakashi did it on purpose??

"That she doesn't deserve you." His voice changed and I nearly choked on how abruptly hot it got. We are outside why am I feeling so affected. Something is wrong with me.

I think I was pushed over the edge when his hand umasked his face in front of me and he touched my face and he whispered in my ear. "But I do..."

Then he kissed me and I guess it was the shock of seeing his face fully for the first time so I accepted the kiss. But afterwards...why did I want the kiss to happen again?

______

How did you like this one-shot?