Chapter 4

Jennie's POV

The cold breeze kissed my soft cheek and I pressed the gas even harder. My short brown hair flowed with the wind, my eyes glanced into the mirror, making sure it was clear before pressing my turn signal on the Range Rover.

I pressed my button on the key and the garage door lifted from its grasp. I pulled the car into the garage and locked it before heading into the house.

It was silent. Well, I've grown far accustomed to the silence, my parents were never around. They bought a house of six rooms for the only reason being, they can.

Perhaps it was an issue they had with pride or they wanted to show off on their families. They worked all day and night, rarely I'd see them. They bought this beach house just a few weeks ago and moved us in because it was closest to their rivals.

I lived alone, no pet, no maids, just myself. Sometimes my parents would send someone to purchase our groceries but on most days it was just me.

I wouldn't consider myself spoil, they gave me everything I need but I never took advantage of it. Money and clothes are material items, it's my affection that couldn't be bought.

Which brings me back to Louis. They first boy I've ever loved, he's my first boyfriend. We've known each other for two years but we were never labeled as anything until three months ago when I practically begged him to man up or I'd leave.

Since then, we've been together. I can't deny it's been a struggle, most days I wouldn't see him. Sometimes, he'd text me but blamed the missing hours on football practice or some family issue.

I respected his space, sometimes people could get a little clingy in a relationship. I didn't want to be that girlfriend, but sometimes I had doubts.

I guess Sooya and Rosie's thoughts on the situation triggered a fight or flight emotion in me. Deep down I knew something was off about Louis, I just couldn't bring myself to admit it.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, my feet found its way up the stairs and I collapsed on my bed. The tiredness drain through me.

I laid in bed few more minutes before running over to take a shower, my hands found the knob and the warm water flowed down my back, the heat engulfed, putting my muscles at ease instantly.

I hopped out the shower and slipped into something more comfortable, a simple t-shirt and some jean shorts. My hair was pulled into a messy highpony and I wore the golden necklace my great grandmother gave me.

My fingers rolled over the golden 'L' and 'A' pendant. I never got the chance to ask her what it represented, maybe it was just her name or maybe it was beyond that.

The sound of the doorbell pulled me out of my thoughts. I rushed out of my room and skimpered down the stairs.

"Hey babe." Louis smiled widely as I opened the door, a stinging pain in my chest rose as I saw his face but I gave him a fake smile.

"I bought pizza." He smiled and stepped into the living room. I guess roses don't work anymore.

I glanced at the clock and realized it was actually 9pm. I sighed and walked over to the couch where Louis was. His feet was up on the desk and he filled his mouth with the cheesy crust baked flour.

"What do you wanna do?" He asked.

"I don't know.... Maybe watch a movie?"

"Movies are lame." He said.

"Well..... do you wanna watch a show?" I questioned.

"Shows are lame."

"....We could play something."