Chapter 4 - After the date

*The next morning*

You groaned. Your head hurt really badly. You yawned as you sat up. You recognized the dark yet modern apartment. It belonged to your dearest agent, Smith. You were trying to piece everything together. After a moment of thinking you remebered some details. You were on a date, you drank too much and after you got up from the comfortable bed you finally remembered that you had also sprained your ankle. You yelped as your other leg gave up on you when you first tried to get up. You sighed and got up slowly whislt leaning on Smith's nightstand. You noticed the book you had given Smith right next to your hand. It was flipped upside down. You smiled to yourself. You'd have to ask him how he had liked it so far. You walked to the kitchen area to see if there was anything in the fridge. You knew it would most likely be empty since he didn't eat.. But to your surprise a coffee cup and a small note were sitting on the counter. You walked over to them and read the note. "To my dearest Queen (Y/n), the humble and selfless, I had to go to the office.. Jobs a job. I'll be back later. With love, your agent." You cringed at the humble and selfless part but decided to thank 'your agent' later for getting you something to eat. 

(*Smith's POV*)

I walked to my office. My desk was a mess right now.. But I had lots of time on my hands and so I was sure I'd get the work done later. I heard a knock and answered with a slightly annoyed 'Come in'. Agent Bennington peaked into my office. She wore a huge grin. I focused on my work. "So!" She clicked the door shut and walked in front of my desk. "How did it go?!" She asked excitedly. "The date?" I asked looking at her slowly. "Yeah and did you two just make out or did you go full on Devil's tango last night?" My whole face went red. She had heard. "Relax Smithy! You're lucky you're in the first room on the apartment's floor AND I am the one who lives next to you." Bennington giggled. Her tone showed how pleased she was with the fact that she had gotten me this embarrassed. "Uhm.. No we didn't.. Go that far.." I mumbled my face most likely going even more red. "Okie just had to make sure." Bennington stated an amused smile painting her lips. "Anyway I got a lead on that new red pill group." Bennington started. I felt that weird feeling again. I pushed it away and tried to listen to her speaking. "Their ship seems to go by the name Insomnia.. Smith.. Are you even listening?!" She snapped at me. I nodded trying to locate what the feeling was. It was not like being shot or punched.. Falling off a building? Breaking a bone? Not likely.. "I'm not going to take this kind of behaviour Smithy! We are equals! You're supposed to listen when I've done all the work!" I nodded the feeling getting worse. She huffed once more before trying to regain her thoughts. The feeling was going too far and transforming to too much pain for my liking.

 The best I could describe it would be as if my soul got split in two. I grumbled against my desk. "Smith!?" Bennington pailed as she ran to my side. "Did something happen!? I-I'm sorry! I just got pissed at you and-." She apologized and tried not to panic. "What is happening!?" I held onto the collar of her suit and asked unable to identify the source of my pain. There seemed to be no inner failures, nothing wrong with the code. "Should I call another agent o..or? What am I supposed to do!?" Bennington panicked. It was new and terrifying! What was causing this!? Soon everything disappeared and the only thing I could see was a pure white light and a shadow in the midst of it.

(Yeah so.. THIS WAS SHORT. But i think it's best to leave it here. Anyway hope yall enjoyed this and i'll see you next time in 50 million years or smthing like that.. Love yall! ^^)