Chapter 7 - "Mr. Anderson"

Seraph's words alarmed you. His first sudden blow was targetting your face. You dodged the attack just in time. He was fast. But you tried to act confident. You jumped on one of the tables and Seraph jumped after you. He landed one of the blows and you felt your nose start bleeding. You dodged most of the attacks and tried to lay some on him. He moved forward and you backed. His attacks turned more kick based. You were confused by the fact that Neo was just watching you two fight. He was examining your techniques. You moved and soon were on the second table where he used more fist based hits. You landed couple of hits on him and you soon moved onto the third table where he mixed up the both. He kicked you. 

Suddenly the world around you slowed down. You looked around. What on earth? You walked behind Seraph. You laid couple of hits on his back. Suddenly everything sped up again. Seraph was sent flying against a wall. "What the." Neo looked at you then at Seraph who was recovering from the sudden punches. He straightened up. "Good. The Oracle has made enemies. I had to be sure." Seraph hid his confusion well. "Of what exactly?" You asked walking over to him. "That you aren't an undercover agent." Seraph explained. "If you really wanted to know that you could just have asked me." You stated leaning against one of the tables. "No. You do not truly know someone until you fight them." Neo chuckled. It seemed like Neo had gone threw this chat as well. 

"Follow me, she is waiting for you two." Seraph informed. He pulled out a key and opened a door on your left. You followed after him to a rather modern looking hallway. You looked back as Seraph closed the door. "Where are we? What are those?" You asked confused looking at all the doors. The hallway had multiple doors. "These are back doors, programmer access." Neo explained. Seraph nodded as he hurried in the front to lead you towards the right door. "Uhh. How exactly do they work?" You asked feeling awkward for not knowing. "The code is hidden in tumblers. One position opens a lock. Another position opens one of these doors." You nodded. 

Seraph stopped by one of the doors. He opened it and held it open for you and Neo to enter. Neo walked in first and you walked after him. Neo walked forward but stopped. You looked around to try and spot the Oracle. "Where is the Oracle?" You whispered. "There." Neo stated looking at an old lady on a park bench. She was throwing some bread crumbs on the ground to feed the nearby birds. "Well, come on. I ain't gonna bite ya. Come around here, and let me have a look at you two." The Oracle stated. You rushed after Neo. "My goodness, look at you! You are even cuter than I expected." The Oracle said her eyes fixed on you and a gentle smile on her lips. "O-oh thank you!" You were overtaken by sudden nervousness. 

"Why don't you come and sit down?" She suggested. You looked at her and then at the bench seat next to her. You looked over to Neo for encouragement. He nodded. His look said 'Yeah, you can do that.' You sat down next to the Oracle. "Let's get the obvious stuff out of the way." Her words somehow informed you to ask all the questions. But you couldn't settle on one. Until. "I'm not a regular red pill am I?" You asked. "I'm guessing you're referring to your teleportation powers with that statement." A slight gasp left your lips. She really knew! "How did you know that!?" You asked in awe. "I am pretty certain you know the answer to that already." The Oracle stated. You thought about it and then nodded. The Oracle took something from her bag. "Candy?" She offered. "Oh! No thank you." You informed politely. "Suit yourself." She stated still holding out the small piece of candy. 

After some hesitation you grabbed the candy. "Did you already know if I was going to take it?" You asked eating the red sweet. "Wouldn't be much of an Oracle if I didn't." She stated. "Another question.. What is the one's final purpose?" You asked. "Entering the Source. It's the machine main frame, where the path of The One ends." You listened to her carefully. "And you must go with him." The Oracle stated. "What!?" You gasp-yelled. You mumbled a quick sorry before continuing. "But isn't the one supposed to go alone!?" The Oracle sat up straight. "The One must enter the Source. But you must make sure he does so. It's the duty that was bestoved upon you as the Guardian." The Oracle stated. 

"The Guardian?" You repeated trying to hide your panic. The Oracle nodded gently. "How am I supposed to help him?" You asked. "For starters you must help Neo find the Keymaker." The Oracle stated a bit of the sweetness disappearing and being replaced my seriousness. Seraph walked over to the Oracle's side. "We must go." He stated. She nodded. "I wish you the best of luck, kiddo." The Oracle stated with a genuine looking smile. You thanked her and soon she and Seraph were gone threw the door he had used to let you in. You walked to Neo's side. You still felt confused. "Are you ready?" Neo asked. You nodded slowly still trying to process everything. You were about to wrap your arms around Neo's torso so he'd fly you two to the nearest phonebooth. But then. You heard a man. His voice sent chills down your spine. His tone was weird. Cold and distant. He said two words. Those two words were enough to identify him. 

 "Mr. Anderson."