16: One hell of a Family Dinner

Bella.

Lucca drove me to my apartment so I could change and also to keep Corbiniano's men in the loop. They still thing that I was there and we wanted to keep it that way.

I used the back exit again and rushed up to my apartment floor using the emergency staircase. Once in my apartment I quickly changed into a comfortable black jean and white sweater. I applied a layer of mascara and lip gloss, just so I could look more presentable and hide my nervousness. Then I grabbed my black converse and handbag and rushed out of the apartment. It took me almost 15 minutes to change and come back to Lucca's car, that was park in the back of the apartment.

He was pacing right in front of car while both Francesco and Ciro were standing next to their car with crossed arms. The moment I pushed opened the back exit door and stepped out. Lucca rushed towards me with a relief look on his face and engulfed me in one tight hug. It was as if he was begging me not to go, by holding me so close to him that I could hear his heart beating so loud. But we both knew I had to go to save my sister and mother.

"Lucca, don't worry I will be fine." I mumbled close to his chest. He was holding me so tight but his hold was not hurting me. It was doing the opposite effect, comforting me.

"Angel don't tell me not to worry about you. I will always worry about you, because you are my everything." He replies softly and places a kiss on the side of my head.

"I love you, Lucca." I mumble against his chest and his arms around me tightens even more. It was like a bear hugging me with so much love and care.

"I love you to angel." He says it back in a heartbeat not caring who listens to it and how weak he might look in front of his men.

"The taxi is out in the front" At Ciro's soft words Lucca squeezes me one last time and then lets me go.

I step back and look back into his eyes. But the moment I am inches away from him, he quickly wraps his hand around the side of my neck and rest his forehead against mine.

"Be careful angel," his words were filled with so much pain but also love at the same time.

I nod silently, and he releases me after a second. I shift slightly and extended my hand out to grab the flower bouquet from Ciro. 

"Take care buttercup." Ciro says as he hands me the flower and I smile up at him.

"We will be right outside his house." Francesco says, and I look over at him with a smile. I notice his tense face softens up a little and he smiles back at me. 

"I will." I reply to both of them.

It's been just weeks since I have known Lucca's family. But they have treated me like I have known them for a lifetime, like I am one of them. They are simply the best people I have come across. Ciro treats me like his twin sister, and never misses a chance to pick a fight with me. Francesco, at first he was distant and doubtful about me but once everything was sorted out. He started acting like a big brother I never had. 

And lastly my Lucca, the king of my heart. The man who stole my heart and soul from the first day we meet. The man whom I can't imagine living without. The man whom I want in my present and future, in my ever after. My Lucca.

I take few steps back looking at all three of them and then finally at Lucca and mouth 'I love you' and within seconds he replies 'I love you' back. I smile and turn around and head back to my building.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The drive to Mr.Corbiniano's house was filled with a roller coaster of emotions. I was nervous at first and then got scared and wanted to call off my stupid plan. Yes, now my oh so simple plan was seeming super stupid and reckless.