27: The Uninvited Past

Lucca

"Now can you tell us why on earth did you ask us to meet you here instead of your study at home?" Francesco snarls at me with irritation clearly dripping from his tone.

We were at our club 'The Beast' and I have asked both my brothers to meet me here instead of our regular spot my study. For the last couple of days we guys usually meet in my study to discuss work related updates. The meeting usually last few minutes before Francesco says he he need to head back home to check on Eleanore or I would simply make an excuse saying my angel needs me.

I smile up at them as I incline back in my chair and rub my hands together in front of me.

"Omg he is smiling." Ciro says with wide eyes and I can't stop myself from chuckling.

"For god sake Lucca will you tell us why did you call us here??" Francesco says this time sounding more annoyed that before.

"Gentlemen," I say as I stretch both my hand out with the palm facing up "Please take a seat. I have something very important that I want to share with you guys. " I offer them the seats in front of me and they both huff out before doing exactly what I asked them to do.

"So as you both know I have found the love of my life, my angel." I start with a huge smile on my face and my tone too cheerful. But right now I didn't care. I wanted to share this news with my brothers and I could hold back my excitement. "You both know how much I love her."

Hearing my confession both their eyes grow soft and a small smile tucks on Ciro's lips but Francesco keeps his expression intact. But I don't fade, I keep the smile on my lips as I move my hand to grab the gift I got for the love of my life, my angel.

After talking to Ms.Isa and getting her blessing. I called the best jewelry store in Italy and booked an appointment with their best designer. I wanted to get something special for my angel, something that said she was all mine.

I carefully pull the jewelry box out of my jacket pocket. I slowly open the ring box and then turn it around before placing it on the table in front of me.

"Omg Lucca, it's perfect." Ciro beams up at me in excited tone and wide eyes.

I smile proudly at my choice. It was a rose gold ring with a three carat cushion cut diamond placed in the center. There was a line of small diamonds around the centre diamond making it look more pretty. The moment I saw the design I knew it would look perfect in my angel's finger. It wasn't too big or too small to go unnoticed. It was the right size.

I look at Francesco who too had a huge smile on his face but he hasn't said anything so far.

"Francesco??" I say waiting for his response.

He moves his eyes from the ring and looks at me. His eyes were soft "The ring is perfect Lucca, just like you guys." He says before standing up and coming around the table to give me a hug. I push back the chair and stand, welcoming my brothers love and support.

"I am so happy for you." He murmurs next to me as he gives me a tight side hug.

We three only have each other to depend on, to share happiness with and by marrying my angel. I would be welcoming her to my family to my circle of trust.

"I am so happy for you both." Ciro says from the side as he engulfs both of us in his hugs and we both start laughing.

"This call for celebration" Ciro says as he let's go of us and moves to make all of us drink.

Francesco and I move to the couch area in my office and take a seat opposite to each other. "So when are you planning to pop the question." He says as Ciro come behind him with whiskey bottle in his hand.