5: The Aftermath

Lucca

The moment my cell phone vibrated in my pocket. I knew it was Francisco. He was here with my men's.

Then I wasted no time and lifted my head to growl " Not so fast Lucifer."

The moment those words left me mouth, he halted in his spot. Then turned around in, fear clearly visible on his pale face.

I knew it was lucifer, the moment he spoke to Dante. He used to work for my dad as an accountant. Responsible to check our clubs logbook and handle our fiancee. But one day when we caught him embezzling money. He ran and went underground. Since then my men's have been looking for him.

And before Lucifer, could make any move or register what just happened. The windows of the small rooms were busted. Francisco and my men stood there pointing guns at Lucifer and his men's. Then everything happened at the same time. Francisco untied me. Lucifer ran out of the room. Gun's start going off.

But I didn't care. I just wanted Lucifer. So I ran after him.

Lucifer used the side door to exit the building, and I followed him. He was running, just like before. Pathetic coward. He barely stepped out, before I pulled him back using his shirt collar and tossed him on ground.

"Where do you think you are going Lucifer?" I said as I sat on top of his chest and punched him on his face a couple of times before I added "Hell is in the other direction."

"Lucca please I didn't do anything. I was following his orders."

"Order?? Whom??"I asked while grasping his throat.

But before he could answer. I felt someone behind and before I could turn around. He injected something on my shoulder.

I stood up quickly and came face to face with eight men. All of them stood there armed, ready to fight. Some were holding knives out, while others had thick metal chains. And a few had baseball bats.

I pulled out the needle from my shoulder and tossed it on the ground. And then launched myself on them.

Half way through the fight I felt my vision getting blurred. My limbs were getting weak. But I didn't stop. I couldn't.

All of them kept hitting me from left and right using both knifes and baseball bat. And I kept fighting back. But the drug was slowing me. I was having double vision. My limbs were barely moving. But I still kept going, until I collapse. And darkness took over me.

---------------------------------------------------------

I was in the backseat of a moving car where I regained my consciousness. Two men's were arguing about something in the front.

"I told you to drug him. You can't tame a beast like him any other way."

"I thought the paramedic did, boss."

"I should have known, you are useless."

I glanced out of the moving car and noticed that we were heading out of the city. And to make my escape now or else it would be too late. So slowly moved my hand towards the door and unlocked it.

Then I took a deep breath and gathered all the energy that was left in me.Then pushed the door open and jumped. Landing on the hard concrete road.

But before I could make sense of where I was. I heard the car coming to a halt, and I knew I needed to move. I forced my legs to move and headed in the direction of an alley. The alley was quite and poorly lit. Providing me a perfect place to hide.

But before I could do that. I stumbled on something and fell right on a metallic bin. And blacked out again

---------------------------------------------------------

"Hello. Anybody here? You need help?" An angelic voice spoke from somewhere far or is it the drug. I couldn't decide.

"Hello?" There it was again. The sweet angelic sound, filled with love and care.

"Do you need any help?" My angel offered. And this time I could hear coming closer to me.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked looking at me with her golden brown eyes. They were so beautiful. She was so beautiful.

I was so lost in her beautiful eyes, that I barely notice the footsteps. Footsteps of those men coming in our direction. In the direction of my angel.

So, when she tired to inspect the sound coming from behind us. I quickly wrapped my hand around her tiny waist and pulled her on top of me in one swift movement. And before she would protest or make any noise to notifying them of our presences. I used my other hand to cover her mouth.

The moment our eyes meet. My heart started beating so fast. My breathing increased. Everything became blurred, and I could only focus on her. My angel. I didn't care what was happening around me. I didn't bother to listen to what the guys were talking. I just stared at her. Her eyes. The big brown eyes with golden freckles in the centre of them.

"You sure he came in this direction??"

"Yes, Boss. He jumped right out of the moving car and ran in this direction." 

"He saw our faces you idiots, you know what it means??" 

"Boss, I found his jacket. I think he went this way."

I was staring at her like a love sick puppy that It didn't register with me that we were once again alone.  And when she tired to move, I instantly tighten my hold on her. I couldn't let her go. I needed her. But then she gently nudged me and I loosen my grip on her waist. She sits up next to me, and I immediately miss her warmness.

"What happened? Are you okay? Did they do that to you?"She asked with so much concerned in her eyes and worry in her voice that for one second I thought even she feels this. The pull between us. The connection. The love.

Even though I loved seeing her reaction, but I hated the worry in her eyes. So I gently grabbed her wrist to tell my angel that I was okay.

But before I could say anything she started to talk frantically "I am a paramedic and my partner is in the diner, I can call him. So we can take you to hospital. You need to go to hospital."

It was then I noticed her paramedic uniform. But I didn't want to go to hospital. I didn't need a doctor. I needed her. Just her.

I gently move my head from side to side to say that but once again she beats me to it and says "No!! Really. Can't you see all the blood? You are not okay. You need to go to hospital. Please let me help you."

Once I thought she was done , I opened my mouth to calm her down but she started again "You have lost a lot of blood and you are not thinking straight. So you need to trust my judgement and let me take you to the hospital."But this time it felt like, she was talking more to herself than me.

And then she moved my torn shirt to side to examine my thorax and gasped loudly."OMG those guys. I am so going to give them a piece of my mind when I am done taking care of you."I loved how she got all protective over me and was ready to teach those scums a lesson. 

But she was getting herself all worked up for nothing. And even though I loved how she wanted to fight for me, but I hated the idea of her getting hurt.

So before she could say anymore, I grabbed her wrist and pulled her on top of me. Making her fall on top of me once again. I winced slight with the pain but when I noticed her moving. I tighten my hold on her, looked straight in her beautiful eyes and whispered "Angel. Breath."