11: She's just like the rest of them

Francesco

"Franky you are just overthinking everything." Ciro says as he closes Lucca's bedroom door.

I just stare at him, because I am not sure what to say. He could be right, but he could be wrong too. It was a 50:50 situation and after what happened yesterday, I didn't wanted to take more chances. I wanted to be ready for every situation.

"She is not Elea...." I glare at him, daring him to finish his sentence.

He raises his hand in surrender as he starts walking backward. "I am sorry Franky. I know her name is forbidden here. But bro she is no her, she is not here to hurt Lucca. She really seems to like our brother. And you need to give buttercup a chance to prove that." He turns and starts walking down the hall.  "Not all girls are the same franky." He says just before he takes the stairs to head down.

Eleanor. Her name alone brings back memories. Memories from the day when I first saw her - she was all quiet and shy. The day she became my best friend. The day I gave her my heart, my everything. The day I told her that I loved her and would marry her one day. And the day she left me. I close my eyes and shake my head to clear it. It's not the time dwell on what happened but to learn from my mistake. And to make sure Lucca didn't get hurt just like I did several years ago.

And that's why I had to be extra careful here. Because something about Miss. Gabrielle screamed trouble. And it was not just her eyes, which resembled to Eleanor, that were stopping me from trusting her. But also how all her past files had empty blanks and they way her real parents were not listed in any of her records. Not even her hospital record or birth certificate, nothing. It was like either the information was deleted or destroyed. But by whom?? Or why??

My mind was running around in circles trying to find something or anything that could solve the mystery when K called. K works for me and I had trained him for almost five years now. He is the one I go to when I want to do some dirty research work.

"Did you get it?" I get straight to the point as I answer the call.

"Yes sir. I have it and I am downstairs in the security room."

"I am on my way," I say and end the call as I head downstairs to the security room. 

When the three of us built our houses, I suggested we should each have our own security room at the ground floor. The security room in Lucca's house was the biggest. It was massive and had one wall completely covered with LED screens and five to six desks were laid out. We had three security workers monitoring the premises 24/7.

As I enter the room, I was greeted with three of my security staff.

"Everyone out, K you stay," I order.

"Yes sir." the other two security members replied in unison and hurry out.

K moves from behind his desk and hands me a white paper bag with apple logo on it. "Here sir."

I grab the bag and pull out the box. It was a brand-new apple watch but only modified. I asked K to install a tracker in it along with a small mic. I even asked him to sync the watch with my phone so I could read all the messages and track the call.

I look back at him "All done??"

"Yes, sir."

"Good. Any updates??"I ask him as I put back the watch in the paper bag.

"No new activity is seen at the Dante's end, but Corbinian's men has been seen making a move towards our local drug deals. It seems like he is planning to sell his drug here with the help of the locals. Also just an hour back three young girls were reported missing. I am trying to figure out if this has anything to do with them been in town."

My jaw tightens at that, but I remain quite letting him complete the report.

"And as for Miss.Gabrielle I am trying to contract the hospital she was born. But apparently both the attending doctor and nurse have resigned. I am planning to reach out to them personally."