18: Hospital Visit

Bella

AT K CITY HOSPITAL.

"Angel, please open your eyes." A deep raspy voice begged me to open my eyes, it felt familiar but I could recognize it. My brain was all foggy and I had no idea where I was.

"Angel..." There it was again, that deep heavy voice that I have heard many times but ....omg it was Lucca's, my Lucca's, he had saved me. But I couldn't see him, why can't I see him... panic takes over me, and I try to frantically look for Lucca but it was all dark here, pitch dark. 

'Lucca'.  I try to call his name but my throat was fire and it was hurting to even swallow. It felt like their pins and needles lining my entire throat making swallowing or talking so painful. And my tongue seemed to be swollen double it's original size.

"Angel, I love you and I demand you to wake up" This time his voice was demanding and getting close to me  "...please angel I beg you open your eyes."  He sounded broken and I hated that, I wanted to tell him I was okay, that I love him and only him but I couldn't. 

Lucca's kept talking to me, more like ordering my to wake up but I couldn't get my eyes to open. They felt heavy, irritated and hot all at the same time and I just wanted to sleep but I needed to see Lucca.

I groaned in pain when I try to forcefully swallow my own saliva and forced my eyes to open. It took me sometime but when I finally opened them, I noticed that I wasn't in my apartment nor Luccas... where was I??

I tired blinked my eyes several times, let them to adjust to the dim light of the room but I was still disoriented and dazed out.

"Lu.." I tired to speak, but the painful burning sensation in my throat stopped me.

"Angel" Lucca shouted from beside me and quickly stood up. He was sitting on a stool that was pulled close to my chair. 

I shift my neck slightly, so I can look at him but that little movement caused a sting of pain to radiate to my head and worsen my already throbbing headache. I grimace in pain and he quickly bends over me and gently cupped my cheek in his palm. 

"It's okay angel don't move. You are okay now" He whispers the last part, making me wonder if he was assuring me or himself. His hand felt warm over my cold cheek and I snuggled closer into his warmth. I missed his touch; I missed his warm amber scent. I missed him, my Lucca.

"Thank god you are awake, angel. I was so worried about you." He sigh with relief and bends further over me and hugs me very carefully, like I am a baby. 

"You are never allowed to scare me like this again." Lucca adds sounding both furious and relieved at the same time. He move back a bit and then gently places a soft kiss on my forehead and rested his lips there for few seconds before tilting his head  further back for eyes to meet. His eyes were swollen, red and tired... it seemed like he had cried and it hurt me to see him like that.. all broken.

I tired to clear my throat, but it burned so bad. "Water," I said slowly, and Lucca quickly reached for the bottle on the table beside the bed and opened the cap in one swift movement. He quickly placed the straw in it and carefully directed it to my dry lips.

"Slowly, take small sips angel." Lucca said as he shifted the bed up slightly so I could drink comfortably.

I took small, slow sips as I was told, the cold water helped smooth the burning sensation in my throat. I moved my hand and cover them around Lucca's hand. His hands were so big and warm while mine were cold, tiny and pale.

I glanced up at Lucca and his ocean blue eye were intensely fixed on me. His forehead was still pinched with worry lines and his entire body was  was still on edge. It was as if anything could happen any second now and he would lose me.