Percy POV-

I sat down at the table across from Apollo himself. He was interviewing me for the job. I got a list yesterday of everything I would need for this interview: I brought my birth certificate as proof of me being sixteen, and a paper I had asked the school for, it's a complete list my average grades in each class. I prayed that he didn't base this off my grades, because if so, there was no chance of me getting this job.

"Can I see your papers?" Apollo asked. I handed them over, he did a quick check, and handed them back.

"Your job referencer spoke highly of you," he commented, giving me a once-over. I had chosen someone who I knew would speak highly of me. That's right, I actually thought things through! I knew Chiron would say all good things, he was the best teacher I've ever had, and the only one that actually made me want to try in his class. He also had insisted that we all call him Chiron instead of by his last name like most teachers.

Not knowing what to say I just nodded my head and smiled.

"Now for the interview part. What made you want this job?"

I thought about it for a moment and decided to tell a summary of the backstory. "Well, my family's struggling for money, so I decided to look for a job to help them out. I came across your place and I saw the sign, so I decided to look into it."

"So it wasn't anything about the fact that you want into the recording business?"

I didn't want to lie to the man. "Nope."

He looked at me confused. He seemed shocked with me, but then he smiled, pointed at me, and spoke. "You're different. I like you. You're hired."

I stared at him in shock. "Wait?! Really?!"

"Yes," he said, then he called, "Meg, could you get in here and show this boy room 33. I believe no one is in there today."

I saw a twelve-year-old girl with short brown hair, cat eye glasses, and a green dress walk into the room. "Do it yourself."

"Jeez. Jeez. Alright." Apollo stood up from his seat and motioned for me to follow him. She left the room.

We walked down a hallway and into an elevator taking us down to the third floor. I noticed multiple posters and statues of Apollo covering the halls. We stepped out and he lead us to a recording studio. "I'll teach you how to work the sound equipment. Many of the things are already set and won't need changed. It's a very simple job."

"Okay."

He opened the door to room 33. "Oh my! Annabeth! I didn't know you were here today! Didn't you just release an album?! Why are you here?!"

My eyes widened, I couldn't see her face yet, because I was behind Apollo in the doorway. Annabeth Chase? The Annabeth Chase?!

"Sorry, Apollo, I came here to work on some things, I focus better here anyways. What did you need my room for?" Her voice was melodic yet firm. Just by speaking voice, I could tell that she was a leader and a musician, no doubt about it.

"I was just going to show our new intern, Percy, how to work the sound system. If you're busy though-"

"No, no, it's fine, you can come in."

Apollo put up no argument and walked in the room. I followed closely behind him, eager to meet the famous singer that my sister loved so much. I wondered how much she looked like the girl on the posters and CD covers, not that I payed any attention to those at all. Why would you think that? Was that just photoshop, or was she real?

I stared in shock at the pop star on the on the gray sofa to my right. She didn't wear any makeup, her hair was a messy, and her clothes weren't anything fancy, just an orange t-shirt and jeans. Her eyes were gray, but not boring. They seemed to swirl with life, yet they shone with a look that said, "If you even say one thing that annoys me, I will personally rip your vocal cords out." She seemed more... human. Not like some famous singer who's been number one on the charts multiple times. She was also prettier this way, not that I payed attention to that. She looked natural, yet she could pass for a princess easily. I was surprised by something else too. She wasn't surrounded by lyrics and musical instruments and all that like I had pictured, instead they were blueprints. She seemed to be working on them. I wondered if she was getting another house for herself with the loads of money she probably had, while my family and I could barely afford our apartment.

"Hi," She said.

"Hi," I said, a little nervous to be around a pop star.

"Come with me Percy, let's show you how to do your job," Apollo said.

"Oh okay."

I took a seat on the swivel chair next to Apollo. There was just something about swivel chairs that made me feel important.

"Is it okay if I stay, Apollo?" Annabeth didn't soud like she was asking, it came out more as an order.

"Of course, as long as you don't bother me."

"It's my studio-"

"You're forgetting who's in charge." Annabeth mumbled something under her breath that I really shouldn't repeat. I kinda wanted to give her a high five for it, not gonna lie. Apollo either wasn't listening or chose to ignore it. Probably the first one, he didn't seem like the type to inore something like that, but he definitely was the type to be too busy thinking about himself and how amazing he was to hear. I've kinda picked up on the self-obsession from the vast amount of posters of him through just this hall alone.

Soon enough he had taught me how to work the sound with few errors. Annabeth seemed to have taken an interest in it too, because even though she didn't show it much, I could see her looking out of the corner of her eyes at us.