12

Annabeth POV-

I groaned. I didn't think I could take another minute of Luke.

"I think we need to rehearse the-" he put his hand on my knee and I scooted away "-kissing scene."

"No, I think- I think we're fine. We only need to do it during the video."

"Are you sure?" I scooted away as he came closer.

"Positive." I looked at the clock on the wall. "Oh! Just look at the time! I have to leave soon!"

"Annabeth, it's only five-thirty. You didn't get home until late last night and you have nowhere to be besides work. Besides, you don't like going home, you don't like your family. Don't deny it because that's how we met, remember."

"I may not like my family, but I don't like you much better. Leave." I shoved him off the red couch and towards the door. He dared to laugh the whole time.

"Fine. I'll see you tomorrow." He turned and faced me. Just as I thought he was about to leave, he kissed my cheek. I was too shocked with him to do anything.

He turned and walked out the door without another word

I shook my head and took a seat back on the couch. I would punch him, but I knew that a kiss on the cheek wouldn't be the worst of it. Soon, I would actually have to kiss him. On the lips. And I would not enjoy it.

I stayed and sketched for a bit, working on the house for the Jackson's. Percy probably thought Luke and I were really close. Percy probably thought Luke and I were dating. I would have to tell him otherwise. I would have to explain why Luke was here. Then we could hang out and laugh and I'd forget the situation with Luke and forget every problem I've ever had in my life.

I wondered if he was still here? Maybe in the cafe?

It wouldn't hurt to check.

I headed to the elevator and hit the button to go to the first floor. As I got closer to the cafe, I could smell the food, delicious and godly. I could hear him laughing. I recognized his laugh. I searched until I saw a mop of black hair facing the other direction, towards... Rachel? Why was Rachel hanging out with him?

I made my way over to the table. "Hi Seaweed Brain."

"Hey Wise Girl." He turned around and looked into my gray eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought you might be here. I came to talk to you." He smiled.

"Okay." He looked at me, prepared for my story to begin. I nodded my head slightly towards Rachel. This would be private, she doesn't need to know what's going on in my life. He didn't catch on. He was oblivious.

"I'm gonna go. I'll see you later Percy," Rachel said. At least she knew.

"Oh. See you later Rach." He turned and waved to her as she walked away.

I took over the abandoned seat, ready to begin my story. "Percy, Luke-"

"You and him are close?"

"No. Not at all. He's my ex, Percy. I want nothing to do with the asshole. Helen"-I looked around the room to make sure no one was listening in-"that's what I was complaining about over the message last night. Helen made a deal that he would play my boyfriend in yet another video. I want him gone. I was hoping he was gone."

He looked stunned and I thought I could see a faint smile on his face as he asked, "so he's not your boyfriend?"

"No way. Not again."