24

Annabeth POV (I know I just did her POV last chapter but I'm in the mood for it so...)

Estelle greeted Percy and me at the door, along with a giant black fluffy dog. It was so big that I'm unsure of how it's allowed in an apartment.

"Annabeth, this is Mrs.O'Leary. Daedalus is out of town, and we have to dog-sit." Percy knelt down and opened up his arms as Mrs.O'Leary came running to him. "Mrs.O'Leary, this is my girlfriend, Annabeth. Say hello." Mrs. O'Leary yipped, but with how big she was, it came out as a deep bark. I laughed.

"It's lovely to meet you, Mrs.O'Leary."

"She shakes hands," Percy told me. I put my hand out and her paw found it immediately. I looked at Percy in surprise and then took my other hand to pet her pounds of fur.

"What type of dog breed is she?" I asked.

"A Tibetan Mastiff," Estelle said proudly. "That's what Daedalus told me."

I nodded my head. "Does she shed?"

"A lot!" Sally called from the kitchen, "she drools too!"

"No wonder you seem to get along so well," I teased Percy.

He laughed and stood up. He offered a hand to me, kneeling on the floor. I took it and we started into the house. Mrs.O'Leary followed Percy everywhere he went, and when we went to sit on the couch, she sat on his lap.

"Mrs. O'Leary, you're too big to fit on my lap," he told her. She turned around and gave him her puppy eyes. He immediately stopped complaining. I laughed at him and stroked her fur. Estelle came running and climbed onto my lap, snuggling into Mrs.O'Leary's fur.

"Isn't Mrs.O'Leary the bestest ever?!" Estelle asked.

"She definitely is. I think I'm going to have to get a dog just like her." Helen was more of a cat person, she'll hate having a giant dog around.

"You should! They could get married!" Estelle cheered.

"But isn't she already a Misses?" I asked.

"Yeah, but we don't know who Mr. O'Leary is. Neither does her owner- he just liked the name." I nodded.

"Maybe I can name my dog Mr. O'Leary."

"I'll start planning the wedding! It's going to be perfect!" Estelle did a happy dance as she climbed off my lap. "Annabeth? Can you play your music at the wedding?"

"Of course." She ran off to her room to plan. Percy and I let out little laughs.

"Helen's going to hate if I get a giant dog. I'm getting one."

"How could anyone not like this big ball of fuzz?" He asked. "I mean seriously?" He put his hands on Mrs. O'Leary's face and squished her cheeks. Drool comes out of her mouth. I laughed.

"Dinner is ready!" Paul called from the kitchen. I stand up.

"Mrs. O'Leary, can you move?" Percy asked politely. The dog made no effort. Percy groaned and tried moving her off of him, but she turned around and licked his face instead. If dogs could smirk, I'm sure she would.

"Mrs. O'Leary, come," I said after seeing Percy struggle with her for a bit more time. She happily jumped off of his lap and ran to me. Percy frowned, but got up from the couch.