[ 𝟏𝟑 ]

Yujin and Eunhyuk were in the security cameras room, trying to fix the microphone that connected to the speakers in the apartments

Yujin and Eunhyuk were in the security cameras room, trying to fix the microphone that connected to the speakers in the apartments. They were hoping to fix it so that they could make a broadcast to the other surviving residents, telling them to come downstairs. After all, if they all stayed and worked together, they would have a better chance of surviving.

All of a sudden, the sound of the daily morning broadcast began playing, loud music blasting through the entire building, as well as the street outside. Startled by the loud tunes, a worried frown creased Eunhyuk's forehead as he turned to the girl next to him.

Yujin didn't look bothered by the loud noise at all, "Ah, ah, ah," she spoke, testing the broadcast mic expressionlessly. "Yujin," he called out, "Wouldn't the music attract the monsters?"

A look of realization crept across Yujin's face. "You're right," she muttered and frantically looked around for the button that turns off the music. Eunhyuk swiftly skimmed over the wall full of buttons, looking for the corresponding one.

While busy looking for the button, what the two 18-year-olds didn't notice was the woman slowly creeping behind them. The woman was the director of the daycare center, whose daughter hadn't come home since a few nights ago, the day when the apocalypse began.

For the past few days, the woman was constantly crying and begging for Eunhyuk to open the gate so that she could go outside and find her daughter. However, for the sake of her safety as well as the other residents, Eunhyuk rejected her request, and the woman resented him for that.

The woman silently reached for the box in the back of the room, the one that had all the gate buttons, careful not to get caught by Eunhyuk and Yujin who were standing near the cameras with their backs facing her.

Taking one more glance at the boy and the girl, the woman reached for the button for the front gate, her fingers hovering right above it but not pressing on it. There was a fight happening inside her head. Should she press on it? Should she not?

Her mind slowly drifted off to her daughter, her young, helpless, scared daughter. She needed to help her, to find her, to save her. She pressed on the button with her shaky hands before dashing outside the room, about to make a run for it.

The front gate slowly opened and the distressed mother hurriedly began removing the barricade that's blocking it.

As Yujin and Eunhyuk searched for the button, Yujin's eyes landed on the broadcasting microphone, its blinking light to be exact, indicating that the microphone was now working. "Hey, wait! Look, it's working!" she called out and pointed at the mic, making Eunhyuk glanced towards the direction of her finger.

Noticing that the mic was on, a look of excitement appeared on his face as he picked up the microphone and spoke at it. The boy and girl looked at each other with exuberant eyes, momentarily forgetting about the blasting music.