[ 𝟏𝟕 ]

As Yujin and Hyunsoo left the room and walked off to the daycare center, they came across several residents who were also on their way to the emergency meeting

As Yujin and Hyunsoo left the room and walked off to the daycare center, they came across several residents who were also on their way to the emergency meeting. They all looked at Hyunsoo with fear and hostility, afraid that he would turn into a monster and attack them at any second.

"He's the monster!"
"Why is he still here?"
"Kick him out, for god's sake!"

Yujin didn't like the way they were all staring at him and whispering about him. In Yujin's eyes, Hyunsoo was still a human being, not a monster. Kicking him out of the building just wasn't humane.

"You're all out of your mind." Seokhyeon, the supermarket owner, spoke out in the distance after seeing Hyunsoo. "You brought a monster in here?" he scowled, glaring up at both Yujin and Hyunsoo.

He slowly walked towards the taller boy beside Yujin, the nasty scowl still on his face as he lifted the box cutter in his hand until it was just inches away from Hyunsoo's face. Slowly sliding the blade up, Seokhyeon opened his mouth and warned, "Don't you dare turn. Got it? You crazy monster piece of shit."

Hyunsoo didn't answer him, instead, he just stared at the glowering man in front of him expressionlessly, unsure of what to say. "You should answer when an adult is speaking to you," Seokhyeon added, irritated by the younger boy's lack of reply.

Gosh, doesn't this boy know how to defend himself?

Yujin scoffed loudly with a roll of her eyes, grabbing the attention of the old man who was miserably trying to threaten Hyunsoo. Without giving it a second thought, she reached for Seokhyeon's extended hand before grabbing it and holding it in place.

She tightened her grip around his arm and squeezed as hard as she could, making the man wince in pain. "Let go! Let go of me!" Seokhyeon sneered at the girl, attempting to break free from her grasp but failing miserably.

Releasing the hold on him, Seokhyeon retreated his arm at once, his arms throbbing slightly in pain as he mumbled curses at Yujin. What was hurting even more than his arm was his ego. He was utterly humiliated that a young and petite girl like Yujin was able to defeat him, twice!

"Back. Off." Yujin said calmly, her gaze boring straight into his eyes. Just two simple words were enough to make the already embarrassed Seokhyeon quickly picked up the box cutter he had dropped and scrambled to the daycare center.

Yujin turned to her side and glared at the unspeaking boy. "When something like this happens again, you have to defend yourself. Don't let them walk all over you, got it?" she said sternly. Hyunsoo hastily nodded at her words, feeling slightly intimidated by her.

She began walking off again but stopped when she realized that Hyunsoo was standing still and unmoving. "Aren't you coming?" she asked, glancing back at him.

Quickly shaking his head, "You can go first, I want to use the restroom..." he replied timidly with his head hung low, fumbling with his fingers as he does so. "Alright," said Yujin in a nonchalant tone as she turned around and went inside the daycare center.