[ 𝟐𝟓 ]

Yujin's eyes remained glued on the boy in front of her, a dull ache tugged on her heartstrings while she took in the sight of his teary eyes

Ever since the apocalypse began, Eunhyuk has always been that tough, strong-willed boy with an unbreakable shell and an ice-cold exterior. He was the boy who wasn't afraid of making tough calls even under impossible circumstances and the boy who would never let his emotions get the best of him.

But there he was, his eyes glistening with tears while his lips trembled ever so slightly, raw emotions flooding through his chest. A stray tear almost escaped but he bit down on his lips so hard that it almost drew blood, refusing to let it fall, and quickly looked away from Yujin.

Eunhyuk was beyond embarrassed, feeling absolutely humiliated having to cry in front of Yujin. He didn't want her to see him like this, all weak and vulnerable. He wanted to be strong for her, to be someone she could rely on, but at that moment he simply couldn't.

The 18-year-old boy swallowed the lump in his throat and blinked a few times, his expression tightening as if he was holding in all of his emotions and only just managing to contain them.

"Geez, what is wrong with me?" he forced out a throaty laugh, finding his current state slightly hilarious and very much pathetic.

Yujin could feel a tightness in her chest, her heart filling with guilt while she quietly observes him. After a moment of pondering on what to say, Yujin finally opened her mouth and broke the silence, "I forgive you."

Snapping his neck towards Yujin, Eunhyuk's glistening and crestfallen eyes stared into her dark-colored ones. He exhaled deeply and began, "I was such an asshole for saying all those awful stuff to you-" "Hyuk, it's really okay," Yujin spoke, stopping Eunhyuk mid-sentence.

Yujin hesitantly reached for Eunhyuk's cheeks before gently swiping over the single tear that escaped his eye, her cold hands causing the boy to flinch slightly.

"I have said some pretty messed up things to you back then too, so I would like to apologize for that as well," Yujin whispered, sincerity filling her obsidian eyes. "I know that you were only worried about my safety, and I shouldn't have reacted that way," she continued as her voice became softer, feeling guilty for her actions earlier that day.

The boy shook his head almost frantically, "Wait no- please don't apologize. The whole thing was my fault, not yours," Eunhyuk tried to explain but Yujin was quick to retort, "I carry some of the responsibility too, Hyuk."

Eunhyuk stayed silent after that, feeling unsure as to what the right thing to say was. In his 18 years of existence, this was his very first time having an argument with a girl that wasn't Eunyu. To put it simply, he had no idea what to do.

Whenever he fought with his sister, all he ever had to do was just to stay quiet while Eunyu yelled and screamed at him for being annoying. After a while of shouting, Eunyu would then completely ignore him for the rest of the day. Then a day or two later, things between them would pretty much get back to normal again.

However, this time with Yujin, he was utterly clueless as to what he should do. Yujin wasn't yelling at him, she wasn't throwing a tantrum, she was nothing like Eunyu, and that scared Eunhyuk.

Should he apologize to her again? What should he say to her? Should he just say screw it and get up to leave the room?

The eerie silence rang in their ears, the air in the room becoming a bit tense and awkward while Eunhyuk was busy cursing himself out for being such an idiot.

Yujin sighed for the umpteenth time that day as she lifted her head and stared at the ceiling, her lips slowly quirking up into a smile of amusement. Yujin has always been one of those people who find serious situations funny, and this was one of them.

It was probably incredibly inappropriate for her to laugh right now, and she tried her hardest to hold in her laughter by pursing her lips together. However, the poor girl couldn't help but let a stifled giggle escaped past her lips.

There was absolutely nothing funny about the current situation, but somehow it seemed like the funniest thing ever to Yujin.

The sound of her miserable attempts at holding in her laughter echoed through the daycare center, earning a look of utter confusion from Eunhyuk. He stared at her quietly, eyes wide in bewilderment.

Unable to stand the uncomfortable quietness anymore, Yujin broke the silence and said with a look of amusement on her face, "Look, you've apologized, I've apologized. Shall we put everything behind us and move on from this silly argument now?"

Eunhyuk paused for a second, his eyes scanning over the face of the girl before he nodded and spoke, "Yeah- yeah let's do that."

"So we're good now?"
"Yes, we're good."

After the verbal confirmation of Eunhyuk, Yujin finally let out a breath of relief and she let her shoulders slump down. A look of relaxation made its way across her face while a genuine smile tugged on her cherry lips, feeling as if a huge piece of baggage has been lifted from her shoulders.

She turned her head and her eyes settled upon the boy sitting next to her, noticing how his deep brown eyes were slightly covered by his raven-colored hair. The girl felt glad after noticing that his eyes were no longer sad and crestfallen, instead, they displayed a reassuring and jovial look.

The two looked into each other's eyes, both had a smile on their faces and the air between them two fell silent again. This time, it was no longer uncomfortable or suffering, but it was back to the calming and peaceful silence they once shared.

"Hey, Eunhyuk?"
"Hm?"
"Let's never fight again."

/author's note/

yay they finally made up! let's hope that they'd never fight again :(

anyway, feel free to vote and leave a comment if you enjoyed the chapter! i'd really appreciate it^^

have a nice day everyone and stay safe! love you all~