[ 𝟏𝟖 ]

"To protect everyone's privacy, it must be a secret ballot," Eunhyuk began, capturing everyone's attention

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"To protect everyone's privacy, it must be a secret ballot," Eunhyuk began, capturing everyone's attention. A look of bewilderment crept across Seokhyeon's face as he asked, "What?"

Glancing at the old man before him, "Because ousting him... would be taking part in murder." Eunhyuk said calmly as his eyes scanned over the residents gathered in the room.

Murder.

The people in the daycare center began exchanging glances and erupt into whispers as they thought deeply about Eunhyuk's words.

Indeed, if they ousted Hyunsoo, he wouldn't stand a chance of surviving if he was out there with all those monsters in his human state. Hence, Eunhyuk wasn't exactly wrong, it would be considered as taking part in murder.

Seokhyeon peered at the residents around him who were deep in thoughts, contemplating Eunhyuk's words as he scoffed unbelievably, "Privacy? My ass."

"I want him out, out!" he exclaimed with his hand raised, an evil smirk tugged on his lips, his eyes burning with determination to get rid of Hyunsoo.

Once again, nobody raised their hands at Seokhyeon's words. People just kept their heads low as their eyes darted around the room, avoiding eye contact with the aggravated male. "Murder? We're making this decision to survive. Don't be scared!" Seokhyeon continued, trying his best to convince the residents to agree with him.

Turning his head to his wife who was sitting quietly against a wall pillar, "Aren't you going to raise your hand?" he said to her with a scowl, ignoring the glares that were sent his way by the females in the room. "What? Well..." his wife stuttered to give him a reply, her eyes were filled with pure fear and panic.

"Raised your hand, you stupid cow." he threatened when Hyein, who was sitting right beside his wife, raised her hand, making everyone's eyes fall on her. "I think Eunhyuk has a point," she said matter-of-factly. "Isn't it better not to know who agreed to oust him? It's only natural to vote in a democratic country."

Clenched fists placed by his side, his narrowed eyes staring straight into Hyein's, "Democracy? The world is coming to an end." Seokhyeon snarled furiously at her. 

"Sir, people are allowed to have different opinions. And stop calling your wife names and using profanities. It's very offensive," Yujin added, her arms crossed over her chest as she briefly ran her tongue over her teeth in anger.

Seokhyeon walked towards Yujin and balled his fist up. "You bitch... How dare you tell me what--" he scowled while aiming for the 18-year-old's face, about to throw a punch at her. "Enough." The voice of a woman echoed through the small room, making the male halt his movement, his fist stopping centimeters away from Yujin's face.

Yujin looked towards the voice and was surprised to see that it was from Yikyeong, the firefighter. She had this grim and serious look on her face, which the old male found absolutely intimidating. Knowing damn well that he was going to be no match for her, Seokhyeon gulped nervously at Yikyeong's stare and lowered his fist at once.

"Alright, let's do the voting now," Eunhyuk stated loudly, grabbing everyone's attention once again. Realizing that no one was going to side with him, Seokhyeon sighed in defeat, "Fine, vote! The results will be the same anyway. That monster will be kicked out, no matter what!"

With that, Eunhyuk made his way around the room to pass out the voting papers for the residents. When Eunhyuk reached Yujin, his stern expression softened as he looked into her tired and puffy eyes, a result of her crying this morning. His heart ached slightly as the thought of her crying filled his mind again. 

Her tears, her sobs, they all broke Eunhyuk's heart.

"You alright? Seokhyeon didn't hurt you, right?" he asked, eyebrows furrowing slightly with concern. "I'm peachy, Hyuk. Don't worry," Yujin told him as her lips pulled up into a smile, finding Eunhyuk's concerned face slightly adorable. "That's good," Eunhyuk nodded and exhaled out of relief.

"Hey! No flirting!" Eunyu suddenly popped up behind Yujin's shoulders, a look of disgust on her face as she glared at her older brother. Yujin and Eunhyuk both chuckled at the younger girl's words. With another smile, he passed the yellow paper to Yujin and Eunyu before moving on to the next person.

Once Yujin got the yellow note, she drew an "x" on it without the slightest hesitation.

To her, Hyunsoo was really just a poor boy, a poor boy that deserves a chance. Maybe letting him stay would be risky, but she just couldn't sit around and do nothing when his life was at risk. He didn't deserve to be kicked out, not when he was still human. Maybe it was a dumb decision, but Yujin knew, she had to draw an "x".

After all, he's her friend, right?

Once everyone was done with writing their votes, they all put their paper in the tissue box and passed it to the next person. "Please, let him live," Yujin mumbled under her breath as her gaze remained glued on the yellow box that was being passed around in the room.

The tissue box finally went back to Eunhyuk, where he emptied out the box, dumping the content on the small desk and began counting the votes, making sure to make a tally of each vote on the blackboard behind him.

"There are eight in favor and seven opposed," Eunhyuk stated, putting the paper he had finished counting on the desk. Finding Eunhyuk's words unbelievable, Seokhyeon dashed towards the desk and inspected the votes one by one.

Eunhyuk didn't stop the man, instead, he just continued on speaking, "There are two more ballots left. If one of them is in favor, Hyunsoo will be ousted."

Yujin was fumbling in her seat, feeling anxious for the final results. She didn't know why she wanted him to stay so much, heck, she had only known the boy for a few hours! But for some reason, Yujin just wanted him to stay, to live, to survive.

He deserves a chance to fight for his life.

"Seven people opposed? Are you guys crazy?" Seokhyeon shouted with gritted teeth, his face beet-red with anger as he felt his blood boiling at the ignorance of his fellow residents. The fact that people actually wanted Hyunsoo to stay was beyond ridiculous and absurd to him. At that moment, he wanted nothing more than for Hyunsoo to get the hell out of the building.

Because in his eyes, Hyunsoo was nothing but a monster that deserves death.

A brutal death.

𝐏𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐲 ❅ 𝐋𝐞𝐞 𝐄𝐮𝐧𝐡𝐲𝐮𝐤जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें