Confirm

Song: Brooklyn Baby by Lana Del Rey

One thing Louis hadn't forgotten about since returning to school, was the small piece of paper adorning the code he had found in his mother's bed side table.

The paper was worn, crumpled, with creases every which way from folding and re-folding, handling it in his pocket, and he was sure the image was burned into his mind from how often he looked at it, trying to decipher what it could mean.

2 Y Q Y 8 4 V K

"What is this paper you're always looking at?" Harry asked from behind him, one hand on the back of Louis' chair, and the other resting on the table, so that his body was hovering over the boy.

"I found it back home" Louis replied, the pad of his thumb tracing the ink, "It has something to do with my mother, but that's all I know"

Harry quirked a brow and asked for the paper with a curl of his fingers, "Sounds mysterious" Louis handed it over, and his eyes traced across the writing with both curiosity and confusion. "Do you have a safe or something?"

"Not that I know of" Louis shrugged. That was a definite possibility, he was sure his father must keep their riches hidden away somewhere, but that would leave the question of why his mother would leave the code when Louis' would have access to it as soon as he turned eighteen anyway.

Plus, he knew his mother, and he knew if she had left him anything it wouldn't be something as insignificant as money that he already had. She was never materialistic.

"Have you googled it?" Harry asked, and with one last glance at the paper, he passed it back to Louis.

"Yeah" Louis sighed, dropping the paper onto his desk, "It came up with nothing" Nothing, as in a few websites to do with hacking, one about a blood test, and another to do with cabinets. It was safe to say he was still at square one.

"Oh" Louis turned in his chair and looked up at Harry with a expression that said 'I can't figure it out, and it's pissing me off'. "Well, I'm sure if it's anything important then you'll figure it out eventually" Harry gave him a warm smile and offered his hand. "If your mum was trying to tell you something, I'm sure there's more to it than just that note alone" he added as he pulled Louis up.

"But how am I meant to figure it out. That note leads me nowhere" Louis rolled his eyes out of frustration, and Harry placed his hands on his biceps, his thumbs rubbing circles into his skin. "If she's left anything else in that house it'll take me forever to find it"

"You didn't know you were meant to find the note, and you still did. Don't lose hope just yet" Harry shook him slightly, until the corners of Louis' lips quirked up. "Forget about it for now, we need to go get breakfast before they close the cafeteria"

"I'm not even hungry"

"Tough" Harry slinked his arm around Louis' shoulders and pulled him towards the doorway. "You always say that then complain to me that you're hungry"