Accused

Song: basic instinct, The Acid

"I thought you weren't going to baby me" Louis said with a smirk whilst Harry opened the first aid kit.

"It's only a small cut, and you pretty much won the fight. It's not like I'm dealing with much here" Harry shrugged, opening a small sachet that contained a wipe.

"Too right I won it" Louis replied with a grin.

"How did you even manage that?" Harry asked as he dabbed a antibacterial wipe over the cut above Louis' lip. "Jakes like twice the size of you"

Louis winced from the sting of the wipe against his fresh wound, and Harry apologised quietly. "I guess I was just so angry that I couldn't think of anything else but hurting him. When you're that furious you don't really register the pain" Louis shrugged, mindlessly twiddling his fingers as his hands rested in his lap, sat on his bed with Harry in front of him.

Harry threw the wipe away and stood up to wet a cloth with cold water in the bathroom. "Why were you so mad?" He asked as he walked back over to Louis, pressing the cloth against his jaw to sooth the dull ache.

"He pissed me off the other day, then he and his mates beat up Zayn. I obviously wasn't going to let him bad mouth my family and-" Louis stopped and shook his head.

"That last comment?" Harry added for him with a sad smile.

Louis looked away from harry and bit the inside of his lip, breathing deeply. "Well, yeah. It's not true though. I won't have him spreading false rumours about me"

"What's so bad about it? Nobody would care" Harry said, his hand going cold from holding the cloth for so long.

Louis brushed Harry's hand away and held the cloth himself. "Because I'm not gay and we're not dating. Why would I be happy if people thought that?" He scoffed.

Harry wiped his wet hand on his joggers as he stared at the bed sheets. "I wouldn't expect you to be happy, I just don't see why you'd be bothered enough to start a fight over it"

"What? You wouldn't be bothered if people thought you were dating me? The guy you hate?" Louis asked with a bitter laugh.

"I never said I hated you" Harry glared at him. "And it wouldn't affect me because I would know the truth. I don't care if others think I'm dating you when I know I'm not"

"Yes, because you don't have a reputation to uphold" Louis bit back. "Do you even know what would happen if the media caught on that there's a gay rumour about me? If my father heard?" He raised his brows, "I'd be ruined"

"You're a sixteen year old boy Louis. There's nothing to ruin" Harry stood up and paced the room. "Nobody gives a shit if you're gay, and your father shouldn't care either"

"But I'm not gay!" Louis stood up too, throwing down his cloth. "That's my point, I don't want people believing I'm someone I'm not!"

"What, gay people are a certain type of person now? You're embarrassed to be associated with them?" Harry asked with a clenched jaw, his eyes filled with anger.