four

jasper was quickly able to feel y/n's mood turn from calm to sour and he rushed to her side, "hey, hey let's relax okay?" he starting to ease the mood to help her, and almost immediately she had calmed down.

"i'm sorry i don't know why i freaked out i just can't be-" y/n tried to talk and jasper nodded slowly.

"it's okay y/n." the way he said her name in his beautiful southern accent gave y/n butterflies, "let's go to my house and we'll figure out what to do." he dusted off his clothes quickly and they both began sprinting to the cullen's residence.

by the time they had arrived, the cullens had already set out a spare room for y/n and the whole coven was eagerly waiting for her arrival. only dr. cullen, esme and jasper lived in the beautiful home with emmett and rosalie living a few blocks away, jacob still lived on the reservation, renesmee, bella and edward living in their cottage which was located right beside the stylish home that belonged to edythe and alice.

"welcome, please take a seat so we can discuss what happened in the woods." carlisle sweetly said, leaving a space for y/n and jasper to sit. y/n gingerly sat down and looked around at everyone.

she had to admit, the detail of everyday accessories were easy to miss in a humans eye but as a vampire, she could see things that she wouldn't have seen before. the slight scratches in the wall, the thread sticking out of jacob's jean shorts, the small cuts on her own legs that she had gotten when she was younger.

'i guess there's pros to living forever.' she thought to herself and edward thought back, 'that's right.'

the group went around and quickly introduced themselves then stared at y/n, "i'm y/n, y/n l/n. i'm 17 and i'm from seattle."

"do you want to tell us what happened?" esme looked at y/n with a sympathetic look and y/n nodded her head slowly.

"you've probably heard of the missing people in seattle, right?" the coven nodded, leaning in, "my sister went missing two months ago and because of it my parents decided i could no longer go to my friends to stay safe. i stuck with it, for a while, and in the last three weeks i started going out again, against my parents will. i hated staying home." y/n stopped to pull down her hoodie to show her left arm.

"when my parents found out i was still attending they called my phone and told me to return, so i did and when i came back i found my parents and youngest sister. dead in the yard with riley and the red head sitting over them. riley said he was a tracker and for some reason, he couldn't track me so he thought i'd be useful for some type of army. so he did it. he bit me, multiple times. and after that he threw me in a room and locked me in." as she spoke, she raised her left arm that had a whole row of bites, almost like a marking to show owns possession.

"they're like mine." jasper interrupted y/n and showed his own scars, bella nodding, showing her own wrist where james had bit her.

"a deep bite, the venom takes longer to go through your body. you'll be in excruciating pain for days." carlisle commented, "do continue."

y/n nodded and covered her arm, almost ashamed of her scars, "they had me in a room and forced me to kill this random girl so it looked like someone had miraculously murdered my family and i. it was horrible." she sniffed still grieving over her familes death and esme rubbed her back to comfort her, "this was a week ago, i've checked all the websites. they've closed my parents and i's case so legally, i'm dead. but i'm alive, kinda. there's no way i can return home. i have no where to go.

"i had a vision that you guys were going playing baseball in forks, washington, so i ran. i didn't know if you'd save me or not. so it was a risk."

"you are more than welcome to stay with any of us." esme said passionately, "for as long as you need, we'll protect you."

"she can stay with us." rosalie stood up, "there's a spare room in emmett's and i's home and she can share my clothes. i know how it feels to become a vampire against my own will, no offence carlisle," she said quickly in which carlisle laughed, "i'm sure we'll get along."

"no, alice and i will let her join us. alice said we'll be best of friends." edythe smiled, her happy voice captivating the room. alice agreed, "we cleared out the spare room and everything already."

renesmee blurted too, "no join us. we're similar in age!" which caused jacob to laugh, his arm wrapping smoothly around her waist.

"i would offer for you to stay with us but," jacob laughed, knowing the pack wouldn't agree with this, "the pack would say no." he smirked, thinking he was funny.

"how about we let her pick where she goes. she's not a toy you can tug left and right." emmett calmly said and carlisle nodded, agreeing with him, "but obviously she's gonna stay with rosalie and i. we're the best."

"i'd prefer to stay where jasper goes," y/n looked at him with a shy smile, " if that's okay of course."

"that's more than fine." edward nodded, "we'll regroup tomorrow, to see where this takes us all."

after the goodbyes, jasper took y/n to her room with spare clothes from esme in his hand, "they didn't mention it before our kind don't sleep. no, not even in coffins or hanging like a bat," y/n giggled and jasper smiled, "so i guess you can chill and watch television or do what you want. there's game consoles in here to use to pass time. i'll see you tomorrow." he turned to leave but stopped when y/n's soft voice spoke.

"i bet i could woop your ass in mario kart." she laughed and he turned around with a shocked face.

"you're on."