s1:ep11→kusuo's rationally irrational day

╭─────────────────╮
ᵉᵖⁱˢᵒᵈᵉ ¹¹
❝𝙆𝙐𝙎𝙐𝙊'𝙎 𝙍𝘼𝙏𝙄𝙊𝙉𝘼𝙇𝙇𝙔
𝙄𝙍𝙍𝘼𝙏𝙄𝙊𝙉𝘼𝙇 𝘿𝘼𝙔❞
╰─────────────────╯

Today was awfully peaceful for Kusuo.

The psychic was expecting for you to greet him with the usual 'oh hey, Kuu-chan' but instead, you went straight to your desk and opened a notebook filled with assignments that you probably forgot to answer the night before.

No schemes today? No shady motives?

He knows you're not a one-dimensional character, but that's literally all you did in every waking moment, unknowingly making his life even more miserable. But today, you were undeniably...slow and apathetic. Just watching you irritated him more than how you normally act.

Fatigue, maybe?

He's not concerned, definitely not. Just plain old curiosity. Your behavior today was a rare sight to see.

"Hey, buddy! Wanna go get some ramen after school?" Nendou greeted you with a heavy arm on your shoulder. You paused and stared at him for a solid minute without talking and went back to what you were previously doing.

It was rather questionable when you gave Nendou the cold shoulder. You usually put some effort to answer the local idiot even if his questions are as stupid as 'if the stairs went down to the basement, does it also go up?'

Much to Saiki's surprise, Nendou responded to your silence quite positively.

"You're right!" Nendou nodded and closed his eyes as if he's deep in thought. "Maybe we should go to an Oden stand next. Thanks for the recommendation, buddy!"

Oden stand?

This is definitely strange. Nendou eating food other than cheap ramen goes against the laws of nature and you did it without talking!

What, did you suddenly gain telepathy overnight? What are you planning this time?

Out of the blue, a dainty and high-pitched voice caught onto the pinkette's web of telepathy, Saiki almost groaned at the familiar tone. As if the Gods finally gave the boy some mercy, the narcissistic girl's thoughts were not aimed at him, but at you.

Oh my, they look like they're having such a bad day, Teruhashi slightly pouted as she taps her cheek. Saiki inconspicuously watched, curious of how you'll react.

As the perfect girl and the equally beautiful classmate, it's my responsibility to raise my classmates' spirits up! Here we go -- !

"No," you interrupted, brief and blunt.