s1:ep24→highway to hell

(a bit shorter than the usual 7k words. School's kicking my ass.)

╭─────────────────╮
ᵉᵖⁱˢᵒᵈᵉ ²⁴
❝𝙃𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙒𝘼𝙔 𝙏𝙊 𝙃𝙀𝙇𝙇❞
╰─────────────────╯

You always thought something was fundamentally wrong with the universe.

Like how you have two holes on your nose used for breathing yet you can only breath on one nostril at a time and how humans are the only animals with chins.

When it was time for students to participate in an obligatory field trip ( via airplane ), you specifically asked Aren to sit with you as soon as you guys were on board so you can just talk about random stuff for the whole ride.

So why the hell is Kusuo your seatmate!?

It's like the universe has this sick desire to see you in pain.

"Sorry (y/n), didn't you know that there was a seating arrangement?" Was his excuse. Who gives a damn about what the teachers want, you're going to die of boredom!

"This is betrayal."

You sink into your seat, arms folding across your chest. Technically, Aren is still your seatmate since he's a row away from you.

"Are you guys seriously still fighting?" The former delinquent looked at you two, perplexed.

"Yeah, a week-long fight. Ain't that right, Kuu-chan?" You grinned, nudging the psychic with your elbow. Kusuo grunted and shifted his gaze to the window. "To be honest, I already forgot what I was angry about so. . ." You nonchalantly shrugged. Obviously, you were lying. If you continue being an asshole, it'll feel like your beating a dead horse.

"That means you'll stop guilt-tripping me for not being your seatmate, right?" Kuboyasu cautiously asked.

"No," you huffed, "Kusuo's boring. What's he gonna do the whole ride? Go to sleep, probably."

That's exactly what I'm planning to do if I'm lucky, Saiki brooded.

"Well, Kusuo, looks like it's just you, me, and this useless pillow that's dividing us," you sat back in your seat once you felt the vehicle move. If you squint your eyes, you could see a small wrinkle forming ever so slightly between his eyebrows.

"Unfortunately," Saiki replied dryly.

You watched as the psychic silently take a sip from his store-bought water bottle, obviously ignoring you. Your throat felt dry just by watching him; you were too erratic this morning to drink water or eat your breakfast since you woke up late. You currently feel like you were a sun-dried kelp, which does not feel good.

"Can I have some?"

"Don't you have your own?" You shook your head and he looks at you in disbelief. "Did you even prepared anything?"

"Of course I did!" You proudly stated, patting the suspiciously heavy backpack. He has no idea how you got through the security check with that thing. "Just important essentials!"

"Essentials minus a water bottle," he snidely commented, "I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that you never told your father about this trip."

The moment you let your tired grin to widen just a smidgeon instantly proved his claim.

"You know me well," you weakly snorted, "Too well, actually," you muttered as you eyed the psychic suspiciously. You can feel the incoming eye roll from him by the way he glares at you. "I'm doing this as part of my revenge. That's what he gets for selling me and then going on a vacation afterward." The blatantly bitter tone smoothly dripped from your tongue as you huffed.